World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm going to the chilli fiesta in West Dean, Chichester this coming weekend and fancy having a few hours afterwards at my first go at salt water plugging.

Problem is, I haven't a clue where to go!

I was thinking of taking a drive down to East/West Wittering or maybe look at Hayling Island? I don't know these areas at all and am guessing that there's areas that are accessible and suitable for flicking a lure about?

I hate to ask for location info (and am certainly not asking for specifics) but if anyone could help with some general pointers, that would be much appreciated, as I'll be with non-angling folk, with low patience/boredom thresholds and don't think they'll humour me for too long if I spend the whole afternoon driving all over the place, trying to find the sea! :eek:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Im going to the chilli festival too! I love em! Sorry cant help on the fishing front of it though!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hello All,

I'm going to the chilli fiesta in West Dean, Chichester this coming weekend and fancy having a few hours afterwards at my first go at salt water plugging. :eek:)
Do you mean West Dean AND Chichester ? As West Dean is nr Eastbourne and not Chichester.

·
Registered
902 Posts
different west dean mate , we got one too :yeah:

with the evening low selsey bill and e.beach worth a go with plugs/dexters for mackies, bass, gar and the occasional pollock, gurnard and wrasse.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I apologise for rarely posting here but i must answer to this.I never heard of the chilli fiesta till now! i thought here in dorset with the dorset naga we had it made i post this link for others whom may be curious.
http://www.chillisgalore.co.uk/pages/westdean.html
I think I will have to get the weekend off if i can chllies are my fave.Can't help you with the local info however sorry. Just got back from local beach and only 1 bass 2 dovers! and my mate popped by with his grandads rod and fifty pound line on a mitchell reel that had tractor Gears to turn it and returned 2 Bass at 6.5lb and 8.5lb (barsteward)
http://www.dorsetnaga.com/ for those who would dare to try.

·
Registered
588 Posts
different west dean mate , we got one too :yeah:

with the evening low selsey bill and e.beach worth a go with plugs/dexters for mackies, bass, gar and the occasional pollock, gurnard and wrasse.
:laugh:. You learn something everyday. Two west Dean's in Sussex

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pointer Smudger - will take a look at Google Earth for Selsey.

Enjoy the chillies, those that are going! :crazy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi
You can fish East Head at the end of West Wittering on a flooding tide (c.18:00). There is a fishing tackle shop in East Wittering who might be able to direct you.

This might be useful as well:
http://www.solent-fishing-guide.co.uk/AllBeaches.asp

for where to fish on Selsey. I have only fished in Pagham Harbour, which is a 30min walk from the parking, so probably not great if you only have a few hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts