World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ello fellow anglers headed for my favourite mark last night the short arm and wen i parked up noticed something strange! id only gone and left me bait on the kitchen table a hour drive back doh!!!
so after cursing in a strange language found a couple of river flies in me bag and thought why not
so on my bass spinning rod with 15lb line attached a pheasant tail fly and cast out wow easy 2 ft resulted in 4 brown trout one grayling and a chub god im good lol
so at least i still got me bait at home for another day
tight lines dudes

·
Registered
506 Posts
what a random result, effort on the improvisation!

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
ello fellow anglers headed for my favourite mark last night the short arm and wen i parked up noticed something strange! id only gone and left me bait on the kitchen table a hour drive back doh!!!
so after cursing in a strange language found a couple of river flies in me bag and thought why not
so on my bass spinning rod with 15lb line attached a pheasant tail fly and cast out wow easy 2 ft resulted in 4 brown trout one grayling and a chub god im good lol
so at least i still got me bait at home for another day
tight lines dudes
chub grayling ? brown trout in the sea? :clap3:

·
Registered
12,163 Posts

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
chub grayling ? brown trout in the sea? :clap3:
This one does seem a bit dubious dont it:unsure::unsure: You would have a job casting any fly 2ft using a spinner rod on a 15lb leader unless you "pinged" it out:yeah: Even fishing the docks you would be very lucky to get these fish on the fly 2 ft out???

BUT if you did then thats a great days improvised fishing:clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oops sorry lads i meant as i was near afan river and forgot me sea bait i walked through the town and fished up river and yes i did use my spinning rod with a fly hard work but fun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts