World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting 1000m of braid from china for 13quid

I know it wont be as good as others but does anybody have any first class experience of this stuff???

·
13,170 Posts
Have a quick search of recent threads, mate. One on this not too long ago.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Chinese braid ============ Marmite!:doh:

It's a personal like it or hate it thing.
Been talked to death in the past (like Zziplex) :boxing:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers fellas. I like to spool 40lb straight through. But after finding a love for fishing the rough stuff. It gets expensive respooling with braid every 3 months!

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
If you use a leader it will last much longer, put some 60lb mono on the end

·
Registered
506 Posts
The fact that its made in China says a fair amount! Tried some for piking and it was....ok but slightly larger diam that it was supposed to have etc etc but you get what you pay for really. From now on I'll stick to what I know though.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
on my fixed spool ive loaded the 2 spools with 35 and 65lb whiplash braid. ive used this for its lower diameter with a view to getting more distance with a heavier line. to these ive added an 80lb spectra leader.

ive just recieved a spool of 80lb chinese spectra braid to use on my 7500 straight through where i wont be looking to cast far.

i was told that using a mono leader is what causes small kmots in your braid. the mono travels throught the rod eyes slower than the braid causing it to back up slightly causing small loops that can catch your eyes or form knots.

ive never used a mono leader and never [touch wood] had knots in my braid.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I bought some multi coloured 80lb labelled 'power pro' in dodgy lettering only took a week to arrive so not too bad

·
Registered
347 Posts
I bought some blue 80lb from the bay. Out in Oz, ballooning foot long livies, this crap cost me two good fish when it just snapped. I hear that it's a mixture of 80% dacron and 20%'spectra',one stretches more than the other so it becomes 20lb line in the battle-never again for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts