World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am thinking of fishing Abbotsbury on Friday night, as my brother in law is coming down. I would like to guarntee fish for him (and me)
can anyone offer any advice on this area, what trace? baits? and times that are best suited to this location all your help is very much appreciated
cheers
martin

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
i was with gary and glasseye, i mean ghosty last fri at abbotsbury and gary used a lot of worm bait, he had more fish than us. sandeel is good or mackie fillet and i used a pulley pennel rig with crab. i can't give you anymore help than that mate coz i am useless at fishing

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Marty fished along side Garry, and rod snapping Ian using rag and sqiud caught 3 doggies 2 pout and 1 whiting all on a pulley pennel rig

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
haha, on the other hand it might have been a whiting that can't tell when the water is getting warmer!

·
Registered
73 Posts
hummmm hard to say really it was small i had to ask what it was as i'm no expert can only say what was said to me.

Still have a lot to learn hehehe

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
at the end of the day, a fish is a fish and if you enjoy angling in the way you should then you have be happy to catch anything that swims any fish. it anoys me when people get pi**ed off when thay catch dogfish or pout especialy when they kill them just because they caught it and didn't want to!

·
Registered
73 Posts
we agree on something at last lol all what i caught that night went back apart from the mackerel that is, i only keep what i want to eat. As for dogs pout i'm only to gald to catch them. Like you said a fish is a fish a catch is a catch

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
i am lucky to catch anything, yeah i caught some mackies but had to snap my bloody rod to get them. prawncoctail you have got a lot to learn but you will get there in the end

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
ian houlton said:
i am lucky to catch anything, yeah i caught some mackies but had to snap my bloody rod to get them. prawncoctail you have got a lot to learn but you will get there in the end

What the hell'd you do Ian - spear them?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
no paid4 but i bloody nearly chucked myself in when it snapped. all force i put into the rod suddenly transfered itself back to my upper torso and headed out to sea
bloody funny really :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts