World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Did not need an alarm clock, heavy rain and wind meant I was awake before 4am

She he must be obeyed said "Your not going in this You're Crazy":crazy::crazy::laugh:

Got up and tried to sneak past my daughters dog, no way had to take her outside and
got wet for my efforts.:yucky:

Anyhow drove to magnetreels and then off we went in his car, now with a couple of pointers
from*** we came to a choice between a rock and a hard place.

Untill leaving the hard place was winning, but with the wind and rain we chose the rock.

The drive to the venue was interesting with flooded roads, we thought we had made the right call.

We arrived to thunder and lightning lighting the rock

Found where to park and the rain eased momentarily, so we got suited and booted.

No sooner we had got ready the heavans opened, the rain was icy cold and felt like hail
as it hit your ears.

We tried a few casts here and there and with the cold you lost all control or feel in your hands and fingers.
They ached with pain.

We tried to find a bit of shelter but to no avail, after probably 1/2 hr we gave up in dispair.

On the way back we approached one of magnetreels sweet shops

Chesil bait and tackle, they had just opened.

We went in and they kindly gave us a coffee.

Now this shop is like the 2nd hand shop on Last of the Summer Wine

Once inside you cannot escape with out buying something, the only difference is there is
no pressure from the shopkeeper.

I like to say the lure was free and I had only paid for the coffee.

Magnetreel did not get away so lightly.

When we left the weather had improved so we thought we would check out another new venue

Not sure how to access the shore we tried one end then walked back along the road and found
another path to the shore, up till now we had seen no sign of another angler.

We made the shore looked right and on the corner one lure angler, we had a few casts and then thought we would try further round past the other angler.

Magnetreel spoke to him as he past by, when I passed I greeted him with " Allright"
but he either dsid not hear me or chose to ignore me, just giving a menacing look as
he carried on fishing.

Magnetreel was now talking to a second angler, a taller guy, when I reached them
I did not recognise him at first, then realised he was the 2nd of a pair of border bandits
all the way from Kent.

There journey had also been eventfull, and J told us there were a couple more anglers
round the corner.

We went on round a little further and met two more border bandits, but they were from Wales.

So we weren't the only crazies to be out .

We fished on though the morning, magnetreel stayed with the Kent raiders, I thought
I would scout further along the shore.

When I'd reached as far as I could go, I was a short walk from the car so I phoned magnetreel.

He told me he was helping the guy who had a menacing look, a dab hand who fished for England.

Magnetreel ( who fishes for pleasure ) had managed to retrieve his "precious" lure.

After a short while magnetreel appeared round the corner and waded to where I wwas fishing.

We Blanked and as far as I know so did the border bandits.

We retuned to the car and on taking off my waders I had a wet left heel and a wet right foot
the socks of my waders must have a slight leak, my right foot was frozen.

Although we did not catch, we had tried two new marks.:thumbs:

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,730 Posts
Dab hand who fished for ENGLAND , i nearly just WET MYSELF laughing :uhuh::nonono::clap3::notworthy:notworthyThose Kent boarder bandits had 3 im afraid , but only ONE of them , the one i taught so WELL , not the I FISHED FOR ENGLAND goon :bleh::clap2::clap3::yucky:

wish i could have made it out , would have been a right laugh with 3 sets of pairs from all over the country :thumbs::thumbs:Bad luck manictoo
Still hope to get out together again by year end mate , but honest it wont be weekends :yucky: on conditions and tides ,if u can make it :thumbs:
Never wanted to take you out last 2 times , but your saying and your keen to try attitude , beat my common sense :bleh:

But the 9 bass between us was still more than i thought possible on the day
Keep looking in your pm box please , i know your owed holiday :thumbs:

·
Registered
62 Posts
border bandits, enjoyed your company at venue must meet up with mr padfield and have a days fishing , dab menace must try harder to tye knot first time :nonono::bleh: joe hope your brekie was nice shame you didnt hook riseing fish, never mind maybe next time:bleh::thumbs:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Love reading your write ups Manictoo.... bass or no bass your reports on your double act fishing adventures with magnet reel do make me chuckle! :clap2:

.... and hats off for the effort you put in come rain or shine - I tips my lid to ya!!

I just can't wait for the day you can report on that special bass you catch - hope it's soon - you deserve it!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Good read Manictoo and bad luck on not catching. Cant wait for the day you post a clonker on here, its gonna happen with the effort you two put in and i will be one of the first to congratulate you when it happens. That second mark sure sounded busy.

I bumped into a couple of those Kent fellas the other week, seemed most affable to me and more than happy to have a chat in passing,the "menacing" one as well lmao.

Chesil bait and tackle a top shop for lure fishing and dangerousely close to me,have to exercise restraint every time i drive past.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Manictoo didnt hear you behind me. Had a chat with MR when he come back around, but were off before you returned. Nice of him to get my GunFish backafter a snap-off. Not a good day for me Im affraid,spent the last hour with a seal sitting 10 yards in front of Joe and I, cant imagine why, must have been the entertainment. Catch up next time
No Worries

Didn't recognise you when I passed:nonono:

I should have come back and spoke to you, but you looked deep in concentration.:g:

At least Joe caught at your next mark:icecream::icecream::thumbs:

Hats off to all the Kent and Wales boys that made the trip there in those conditions:notworthy

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Great read again lads...:thumbs:..thanks for posting.

I'm guessing here...:blink:.but if the 'hard' place is where I think you ended up...(working on the 'clues' in your report)!?!:secret:?!?!?

....then I'd deffo persevere there over the next four weeks..:yeah:

...for me it would be ..........after dark on a rising tide with some fizz in the water...and no weed!?!?:punk:

(...but not with leaky waders !?!?)

I'm sure you both are gonna 'PB'..:drunk: before the year's out...you both deffo deserve to , for the effort you've put in on some tough marks over the months

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great read again lads...:thumbs:..thanks for posting.

I'm guessing here...:blink:.but if the 'hard' place is where I think you ended up...(working on the 'clues' in your report)!?!:secret:?!?!?

....then I'd deffo persevere there over the next four weeks..:yeah:

...for me it would be ..........after dark on a rising tide with some fizz in the water...and no weed!?!?:punk:

(...but not with leaky waders !?!?)

I'm sure you both are gonna 'PB'..:drunk: before the year's out...you both deffo deserve to , for the effort you've put in on some tough marks over the months
Thanks KL,

I have maybe misled you, the hard place was some 10 miles away from the rock:g:

But I think I know where you are thinking:g:, but we have not ventured in that far yet.

Got to find the leaks (only small) if not take some dry socks along to put on after.:thumbs:

K.L.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Thanks KL,

I have maybe misled you, the hard place was some 10 miles away from the rock:g:

But I think I know where you are thinking:g:, but we have not ventured in that far yet.

Got to find the leaks (only small) if not take some dry socks along to put on after.:thumbs:

K.L.
my dry suit has a invisible leak.rubbed some silicone in and jobs almost done,:sad2:
i will have to go hire up ,but wrapped my feet in shopping bags ,..over the socks ..,lovely toasty dry feet.:thumbs:

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
Ile tell u what mancitoo and magnetreel you 2 are 100% triers, a lot of people just dont put the effort in. its dark and early so what the wifes moody so what its pi55ing down who cares im frozen no ones catching and your still out there giving it a go. sure this time next year you'll have had a season of sucess, reading watching utube etc will only get you a little way, beleive it was mark who always said blanking is not a waste of time alwasy learn something.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ile tell u what mancitoo and magnetreel you 2 are 100% triers, a lot of people just dont put the effort in. its dark and early so what the wifes moody so what its pi55ing down who cares im frozen no ones catching and your still out there giving it a go. sure this time next year you'll have had a season of sucess, reading watching utube etc will only get you a little way, beleive it was mark who always said blanking is not a waste of time alwasy learn something.
Here Here :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts