World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
chris please come and fix my engine its only a short drive to my house,about 200 miles i cant pay you but i could give you some advice about hanging doors and fitting kitchens.

give us a shout on what time youll be here ill get the tea bags off the washing line and stick the kettle on. :)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
:D

That is not as daft as it sounds, I am coming down to the South Coast with someone who wants me to give a boat the once over before he buys it. Difference is he is paying. ;)

The tea bags are tempting though. :D

I would have a look at the solenoid on your starter motor. They have a couple of copper wedges inside them that get burnt and corroded. If you can get into them they will clean up with emery or a fine file. A way of testing is to use a jump lead from the battery direct to the terminal that connects the heavy lead to the starter. If it spins normally the solenoid is duff.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
hello mate
the bags should be dry this time next week i always give them a few days as you get more for your money.

just kiddin but as you say do you mean a earth wire to see if its an earth problem :ie jump lead from negative to the engine block ,heard this, was going to try the weekend

where abouts on the coast are you going it would be good to meet up face to the name and all that.

ps has he got lots of cash he might over pay you then you could check out my out board. :D

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
He has got loads of money but he didn't get it by overpaying people. I would like to meet up but unfortunately it is gong to be a long enough day without diversions. 6 hour drive each way.

Try both but it is unlikely to be the earth. More likely the power side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts