World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have persueded the wife to go to Skye for Christmas, which completely coincidentally allows me to fish in a mother-in -law free environment!

Does anyone have any good locations for me to visit so that I don't have to return empty-handed and attempt to explain to 'her indoors' that its not the catching but the taking part that counts!

Cheers

Bully

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hello bully's elbow :
jambojersey here :
If you really want some nice fish get the ferry from uig top of sky to outer Hebrides benbecula north uist stay the night in the hotel have a few drams lol,you wont wanna come back lug worm are the size of your arm fishing is to be had within feet of each croft, "dream on jambojersey" the local delicacy is brown cod made into a Paella mmmm I have been twice filled the boats with fish brilliant day's out

·
Registered
130 Posts
where abouts in skye are u going? iv been up there every year of my life and have never failed to catch a fish (touch wood!)

·
Registered
130 Posts
im not the most exprienced angler on the go, i used to just spin all the time. only recently started using baits etc but always take two rods and spin anyway! er whereabout in skye are u going? i am only very familiar with the bottom half tbh!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cheers Grouse
Thanks for getting back, I will be staying at Edinblane near Dunvagen, but will have the car so can travel around. Species wise I suppose I would just be happy to get some fishing in but spinning for pollock would be top of the list.

F

·
0 Posts
Cal said:
Cheers Grouse
Thanks for getting back, I will be staying at Edinblane near Dunvagen, but will have the car so can travel around. Species wise I suppose I would just be happy to get some fishing in but spinning for pollock would be top of the list.
Get yourself over to Neist Point Lighthouse. Fantastic place for fishing IMHO

·
Registered
130 Posts
i dont really know the top end of teh island. but there is a lovely small village down the bottom called tarskavaig where i have always fished and enjoyed. there is a small area where u can park ur car next to the beach and if you walk to the right ofr ten minutes you will get to the point. best fishing this area 2 hours before high tide to 2 hours after high hide

1 - 10 of 10 Posts