World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I've just received Marc Cowlings book "The Lure of The Bass". I'll start out by saying I have been on a few guided trips with Marc but I'm not associated with him in any way. The book is Ace, I haven't read it cover to cover yet but everything I have read is bang on and really well presented. If, like me, your family is always asking what you want for Christmas, you would be well advised to send them off in Marc's direction for a copy off his book. I'll finish it cover to cover while on a veryyyyyyyy long flight next week.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Mines on its way, Pity a few of the guys on here couldn't get together and write a collaboration I'd buy it

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Had the time to read it cover to cover and I think it’s excellent loads of great stuff in there. Marc’s advice has put me onto loads of fish.

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
Mines on its way, Pity a few of the guys on here couldn't get together and write a collaboration I'd buy it
then id have to give away how i use a zclaw bri pmsl
best bazz
u need anything lure wise mate
no not the stella or the dfr lols

Reactions: swansea Jack

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
and i thought u guys were experts pmsfl

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
It's a great book not only from an angling perspective but also as a study of bass behaviour for anyone interested in nature. We all know the importance of keeping notes of tides, wind etc but it's often hard to collect sufficient data to see any meaningful correlations. Having a book based on years of data at your finger is invaluable. It is an expensive book, not in its price tag but in the sense you feel the urge to buy even more lures as you read it.
My main criticism is his failure to enlist the help of a statistician to analyse all his data. Simply saying X% of bass were caught in flat condition based on X% of time fishing them doesn't really do the data justice. I appreciate it's not a science book and he doesn't want to over complicate things but I feel it's a missed opportunity to see the significance of each factor and how they all interact, perhaps revealing new ones he hasn't noticed.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think I prefer leaky boots approach...turn up 3 hours before dawn, drop whatever left over bait you have left at your feet and hold on. Obviously if you cross reference the data from padders book particularly the bit about conditions you should be banging out doubles in no time :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts