World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Mad One's report of last week I decided to follow in his footsteps and chuck some plastic in the sea around Sully. I started out on the weed island at the back of sully island but there was a bit too much wave action so I headed around to the east side of the island where it was quite sheltered. No takes here so I walked around the coast towards the old house at St Mary's Well and fished there for a bit until a wave snuck up and soaked me. I used a rattlin' chug bug, some weird thing with propellers and a rapala skitter walk, but not a sniff. There were a fair few small mullet or bass in the shallows and some of the bigger rockpools but they were the only fish I saw. Still, nice to see the sun at last.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Unlucky Jeff, i would have thought the island would have fished quite well today, and like welshkev said,, you need to cast your lures to the sand spit at SMWB,, HERES a link to a sesh on lures i had earlier, Tight 'uns,, Marc..

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think I'll give Porthcawl a try tomorrow or friday - the water is just too chocolatey around here - not saying fish can't be caught but I think from Aberthaw westwards there is a better chance of success. Congrats on the Bass today.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Think I'll give Porthcawl a try tomorrow or friday - the water is just too chocolatey around here - not saying fish can't be caught but I think from Aberthaw westwards there is a better chance of success. Congrats on the Bass today.
Yeah i think you are right there m8, cos the sesh i had down sully, was over 8 hours and i only had 2 takes all day, but it was good to christen my new bushwhacker,, i just want a few good sized bass and a my first thin/thick lipped mullet now, and i'll be a very happy man...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts