World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a cheeky couple of hours straight after work yesterday at Church Norton (between Pagham and Selsey). Never fished there before, but it certainly looks fishy and I'm looking forward to more trips in the area as it warms up. Should be good for bream, bass and hounds ? Ended up with five bass, two sizeable, all on rag. Fished close in - 20-60 yards, as I have lost my casting mojo anyway. Andy C

·
Registered
309 Posts
You are right that area is great for those species in the summer. Particularly good bass! Maybe see you down that way soon

·
Registered
198 Posts
A really uplifting report. I was part of a beach clean team at Church Norton yesterday, saw someone setting up two rods and wondered if they'd post a catch report. And you did!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Guys.
Peter - yes lets have a session with Radio rental and a few others when it warms up a bit.
Alan - safety in numbers for summer evening fishing ! Plenty of lamps should discourage them.
Longshoreman - saw you guys, thanks for your efforts.
thesmoothhound - parked at the church and followed the path straight to the beach, where the spit fence ends.

G

·
Cheers Guys.
Peter - yes lets have a session with Radio rental and a few others when it warms up a bit.
Alan - safety in numbers for summer evening fishing ! Plenty of lamps should discourage them.
Longshoreman - saw you guys, thanks for your efforts.
thesmoothhound - parked at the church and followed the path straight to the beach, where the spit fence ends.
I`ll be up for that just don`t flash your headlamps otherwise i might think that......oh never mind !!!!......Alan

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well done mate. I had a couple of hounds and bream there last year. I'd like to check it out at lw since we've had these storms as it had several shingle bars there.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Had a cheeky couple of hours straight after work yesterday at Church Norton (between Pagham and Selsey). Never fished there before, but it certainly looks fishy and I'm looking forward to more trips in the area as it warms up. Should be good for bream, bass and hounds ? Ended up with five bass, two sizeable, all on rag. Fished close in - 20-60 yards, as I have lost my casting mojo anyway. Andy C
Well done Andy…good result considering the time of year.

Rob:thumbs:

·
Registered
530 Posts
It certainly is a peace full place, spent most of my school holidays there as a kid in the eighties and caught plenty of bass, had the odd steam train and snap off, from what i know now would of been large hounds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts