World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Circle hook size?

623 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gorby 
#1 ·
Looking into using circle hooks for the first time, only targeting two fish though, so what size would I need for fishing for bass with peeler or ragworm and flounder with lugworm, and a good brand cheers!

#2 ·
Anyone ?

#3 ·
Hi,

sorry mate, i don't use circle hooks. I tried them but was not convinced as i got too much missed bites and still some occasional deep hooked fish. About sizes, i would say use the same as J hooks, according to baits and targeted fish, but some enthusiast users might have a different opinion as i'm no expert .... ?
Though i do use (and like!) the semi-circles from Varivas which are now one of my favorite hook : http://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/varivas-semi-circle-1969.html

Gert

#4 ·
#7 ·
I use 4/0 sakuma circle extra for most of my fishing......great for hounds rays and bass......started using a 2/0 sakuma chinu hook as top hook on a pennel set up.....easy to use and both very strong hooks, just remember not to strike, just wind into the fish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.