World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The great thing about living in Tyneside is that most of us are only living a stones throw away from some decent sport, not the football kind I have to admit.:g: No the sport I am talking about is angling of course. Today Bigpaul who is just about over his sporting injury:boxing: and myself, both with kids in tow, had a couple of hours safe fishing in the River Tyne, at Walker, in the heart of Newcastle.

To be honest I had planned some fishing in Scotland this weekend and was about to drive straight up the A19, to fish heaven, when our lass decided "quality time" with the family was long over due.:schmoll:

I'm glad she put her foot down now :), Daddy Viking and the little Viking ( Kate ) had a lovely day out along with Bigpaul and his son Christopher.

It's been around six months since Kate was able to cast a line with her Dad but she was soon back in the swing of it.

One tiddler,

Two tiddlers,

Bigger tiddler (2lb 5 ounces ) Daddy had no option but to help with this one.;) ,

Although the kids wanted to take home anything with fins, all fish were returned to swim another day.

Great day out.

J.V.:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Best feeling watching your young uns faces when they catch a fish no matter what the size.My lad still wants to keep or play with every one he catches (and he is 10) Might take my daughter macky bashing this summer god knows what she will be like (normal know it all full of herself female) Good pictures as well that looks a great place to fish with kids

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Good catches lads thinking of getting out this tuesday myself just so i dont go rusty:)

And where having lovely weather so time for a tan aswell lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
great pics lads, and glad the bairns enjoyed themselfs, got ta start them young, they are the future

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have a son aged 8 yrs who i would love to take fishing. This spot looks great. I need to check it out. Is it difficult to get to. I live in Consett. Has the front/riverside a name so i can programme it into my sat nav.
Cheers Mick.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a son aged 8 yrs who i would love to take fishing. This spot looks great. I need to check it out. Is it difficult to get to. I live in Consett. Has the front/riverside a name so i can programme it into my sat nav.
Cheers Mick.
Mick,pretty easy to find it's St Peter's Basin in Walker, Newcastle, safe for an 8 year old but keep an eye on them and only a mile from the quayside at Newcastle.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Cheers Mick.

hi mick click the link below mate this is exactly where we were fishing great for kids mate all year round.........beleive it or not mate double figure cod have been caught from here during the winter just the odd ones but plent around the 2 and 3lb mark summer there will be plenty nice flattys about

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=54.9655&lon=-1.5703&scale=5000&icon=x

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cheers Mick.

St Peter's Marina
St Peter's Basin
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE6 1HX
T: 0191 265 4472
F: 0191 276 2618

http://www.timmonet4.freeuk.com/spet/FrameSet.htm

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Well Done Dave And Bp Where Abouts In Gateshead Is The Other Side Of The River Where You Were Fishing From? Is It Where The Elephant On The Tyne Pub Is?

Cheers Stu

1 - 20 of 28 Posts