World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband, a friend and myself went fishing last night and I thought I would make up this thread to let people know what we are catching so, if they wanted to, could come to the area and know what exactly they could be catching.

Last night the sea conditions where very calm, small westerly breeze and clear skies.
First thing that was caught when the tide was full in was a lobster weighing 3lb.
Then a pouting, 14ins and 2 codling (which I thought was starnge as its not the time of year for them) first was 15ins and the second was just under 12 ins.

Well, I hope this little segment helps people that want to know what is being caught in Clacton.
I shall post more when we have been fishing again.
Anya

·
Registered
80 Posts
good lord, i sat for hours on end on the end of clacton pier tuesday. not a bite. not the slightest hint of a bite. opted for har'penny pier harwich instead of more clactonion wastage when we finally left the pier. harwich was equal in it's poverty of fishing fun. one wee bass...at least no eels i guess...where have all the eels gone?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had a rather niced sized eel on thursday night, just under a meter long, Mate took it home to put with his others for his jellied eels or what ever he does with them.
If you are wondering where we go, keep and eye out for 3 crazy people with tourches by the sea wall at Vista road area, and it could well probably be us.
We are talking about going to the thrid beach to the right of the pier This wednesday, you are more than welcome to join us, we do night fishing, seems to have more happening after it gets dark.
Anya

If we change our minds, I shall post on here, just in case you are thinking of coming along.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went fishing for 12 hours last night, from 6pm to 6am from the beach to the right of the pier.
Caught 2 bass, one too small only 15cm other 40cm, caught a boot lace and a crab, now absolutly knacked.
anya

·
Registered
27 Posts
There's an open match on Holand sea front this Sunday (21st Aug) between 2pm and 6pm. Might be interesting to see what's caught.
I'll be there somewhere

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I know, shame I can't enter it. Have no money til the end of the month, just got enough for bait to last me. Will have to give a match a go one day.
Anya
PS, if you can let me know what is caught, would be interesting to see if there are any suprises.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Clacton Match, 21 people fished it with mainly pouting being caught, several eels to just under 1lb and a couple of nice sole, the best one being about 1lb 2oz and winning the angler a prize for the heaviest fish. The winning weight was over 5lb, 2nd place was just under 2lb and a couple of anglers had weight's of just over 1lb. With the bright and calm conditions there were also several who blanked.
Overall, not a bad day and I think the raffle raised over £100 towards the carnival.
I had 3 pouting and an eel for 1lb 4oz.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a bad day.
I also went fishing yesterday, not in the match though, caught a Dover sole, just over 1lb, a small pouting and a small codling at night.
Found that if I cast my rod out with some very smelly mackrell, I had a lot more bites on my other rod and my husbands rods.
May work again, seems to draw them in closer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been up and down my local coast over the last month and still say that jaywich beach has fished the best.
P.s Has anyone noticed that the down tide has show the most fish for a good month or so?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts