World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Hi Richard at the weekend on the boats off clacton we were taking the codling on whole squid or plain lug, they did not seem to go so much for the cocktail strange as it may seem . but may be different off the beach.

Alan

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Richard at the weekend on the boats off clacton we were taking the codling on whole squid or plain lug, they did not seem to go so much for the cocktail strange as it may seem . but may be different off the beach.

Alan

thanks alan nice to get a bit of info :clap3:

G

·
hi richard031073

i fished the bottom of brighton road (left of kingscliff facing out to sea) over the weekend and caught plenty of codling around the 10-12" and a few pouting. nothing huge but i did notice that the larger fish were coughing up crabs. if you can get them they would be best. i found that squid cut in-half (especially the heads 2-3 of them) on a pennel style seemed to lose the really small fish. dont leave out for too long as the crabs will have it! millions of the gits!
most of the fish seemed to be within 80yards.

i did hear of a 6lb ish? codling and a nice bass .
(i think the actual kingscliff beach is closed as thats where the prom collapsed)
good luck

SJB

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
I have been advised to fish Walton or Clacton pier next week (due to big tides) for cod. Lug pennels on the ebb for cod and squid pennels on the flood for doggies.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi richard031073

i fished the bottom of brighton road (left of kingscliff facing out to sea) over the weekend and caught plenty of codling around the 10-12" and a few pouting. nothing huge but i did notice that the larger fish were coughing up crabs. if you can get them they would be best. i found that squid cut in-half (especially the heads 2-3 of them) on a pennel style seemed to lose the really small fish. dont leave out for too long as the crabs will have it! millions of the gits!
most of the fish seemed to be within 80yards.

i did hear of a 6lb ish? codling and a nice bass .
(i think the actual kingscliff beach is closed as thats where the prom collapsed)
good luck

SJB

THANKS MATE I WILL LET YOU NO WHAT HAPPENS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts