World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

just a quick question for you all.
im from Durham but my sister works for haven and is at a plase called orchards (near clacton form what i can make out) am going to pop down and see her in the next week or so and was wondering if its worth fishing off the beach there?
if so what am i chance to catch?
what bait, range ect should i be using/ fishing at?
any help wold be great

thanx guys

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
I would fish evenings as its a seaside resort. Somebody else should be able to give you more info.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
hi all

im from Durham but my sister works for haven and is at a plase called orchards (near clacton form what i can make out) am going to pop down and see her in the next week or so and was wondering if its worth fishing off the beach there?
any help wold be great

thanx guys
very long shallow beaches at the site, stayed there for a few weekends a couple of years ago, toyed with the idea of fishing it a few times, according to some of the locals i got chatting to there in late june good for stingers and not too bad for the odd keeper bass, but other than that dunno as i said i aint ever fished it, so give it a go nothing ventured nothing gained:)

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
hi all

any help wold be great

thanx guys
You can fish pretty much anywhere along the front at Clacton, but as already mentioned, w/e days bring lots of trippers - there will be less holidaymakers at the Holland-on-sea end of things I would have thought. You can fish both Walton and Clacton piers on a day ticket but you need a season ticket to fish at night I think. St Osyth is convenient for night fishing (Hutleys Caravan Park) as you can park right behind the sea wall and there is a security hut opposite. If you fish there during the day, however, you will be over-run by jetskis and the like - if you walk to the right towards the bird reserve you should be able to find a bit more peace, but it is a long walk over rough ground so pack light.

With the exception of the piers, most marks are pretty shallow so distance casting will help.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You can fish pretty much anywhere along the front at Clacton, but as already mentioned, w/e days bring lots of trippers - there will be less holidaymakers at the Holland-on-sea end of things I would have thought. You can fish both Walton and Clacton piers on a day ticket but you need a season ticket to fish at night I think. St Osyth is convenient for night fishing (Hutleys Caravan Park) as you can park right behind the sea wall and there is a security hut opposite. If you fish there during the day, however, you will be over-run by jetskis and the like - if you walk to the right towards the bird reserve you should be able to find a bit more peace, but it is a long walk over rough ground so pack light.

With the exception of the piers, most marks are pretty shallow so distance casting will help.
its a bit out from clacton at point clear

S

·
0 Posts
hi crossbow,

holland beaches will have less tourists during the day (not sure how they are fishing - dogfish and pouting last time i went) , might be worth trying the piers. walton pier might be touristy. could try frinton the beaches they can do well.

good luck
stu

p.s why crossbow?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
p.s why crossbow?

if you mean why Crossbow as a name its because i make replica medieval crossbows and i couldnt think of an online name so i picked that.lol:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
hello i fish up by kingscliff hotel olong the seafront right by the loos
we allways have good fish there about 2 mounths ago we had a nice 31/2 pound dogfish some very nice bass using lug rag and squid about 50yards out clacton pier is ok but trust me you will lose tackel there the only place to fish is right at the end of the pier.

also why dont you fish of the beach at point clear thats good and there is bass about there as well

i fish at brightlingsea at the mo and we have been catching lots of bass last week in total we had 24 out using rag best one was 3 pound but this was caught in the channel cos my mate had his small boat and took my line from batemans richt out till i had no line left ha ha

but let us no how u get on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts