World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hav'nt had much luck on clear plugs in the past... I only have two of them in my box, (A husky jerk and angel kiss) and they rarely see the water because I dont have that much confidence in them. I tend to reach for other lures before I reach for the clear ones! Maybe I should be giving them more of a go if they're working well???

Have you got any pictures of the lures that you've worked on? I'd be interested to see them!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes mate,
Whenever my plugs start looking tatty they get sanded off.
They're ultra productive when its bright, love em
TBH a fair few lures i own have been sanded off before even hitting the water.
Cheers

·
King of the Plaice
1,460 Posts
I'm on your ignore list, so you can't see this but I'll post anyway....

I've had some very encouraging results on clear plugs at night, I too have that clear Maria Angel Kiss with the bubble effect, plus the Feed Shallow that I'd stripped down for repainting (I recommend Modelstrip) gave me about a dozen bass after dark in shallow estuaries last year. If you scrape them, you'll lose the subtle scale patterns and the vibration/water rippling effect they give off so I'd prefer to strip them personally.

Most of the lures I go for now tend to be opaque in colour. It works. Don't know why or how but it does, especially with surface or shallow running lures.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I had a two decent results last year on the Angel Kiss (almost clear one) in really bright conditions when I wasn't catching. Maybe lots of light on the water makes thin baitfish opaque ? Maybe the fish were just there when I had that lure on, but I did take note of that.

Funny thing is I did'nt have it with me on Friday evening and a I put a a Maria Chase BW in green eel on, dont think Veals have it this pattern any more but its pretty clear about 50% of the lure. It was a bright evening and had my first fish on it in minutes and that was the reason it went on after a few other lures didn’t.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Interesting thread, i asked a supplier for some lures without paint so i could paint them myself and they send me some. They had no paint no hooks and no diving vanes there still in the box they came in. I do have see through lures but the body looks like it is made with a hint of colour in the plastic you can still see the steel balls and how they move.

Is there a market for naked lures????

·
King of the Plaice
1,460 Posts
Ahhh you can see me again!:group: Good to have you back! Miss me? :wub:

IIRC the Rapalas are a bit of an anomily because they're all made from clear plastic with the finish printed on the inside, as opposed to most of the other newer style plugs where you get options of the same colour in "ghost" ie see through and "metal" ie solid colour versions printed on the outside. It's an absolute minefield now with the cheaper lure companies producing their own copies of the big Japanese manufacturer's colour charts and coming up with their own names for them so some confusion is inevitable.

Friends again Mark? :group:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
My favourite built lure for clear with the colour and plate on the inside ,,,, my fave lure,,,is the anasago bora and the chamelion plate from the IMA Komomo11 range of lures made this way

Attachments

·
King of the Plaice
1,460 Posts
My favourite built lure for clear with the colour and plate on the inside ,,,, my fave lure,,,is the anasago bora and the chamelion plate from the IMA Komomo11 range of lures made this way
Niiiiiiice! I've got high hopes for this little beauty in Jersey next month. It's not a great pic, but the bottom half is clear, the top half is a kind of see through chartreuse and it has the same marble effect that the Maria Angel Kiss has plus that big black eye for a target

·
Read Only
14,610 Posts
never sanded them down but i prob will try it on a few, one thing ive noticed is on a few plugs esp the xrap as it gets hit over and over in the same few spots the finish has worn off leaving wat looks like bite marks, over the tail and higher up on the back, it actually looks like a sandeel thats in poor health after being battered by a fish, seems to me this lure is fishing better the more battered it gets maybe the bass see it as a victim of an attack already and head into finish it off.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Niiiiiiice! I've got high hopes for this little beauty in Jersey next month. It's not a great pic, but the bottom half is clear, the top half is a kind of see through chartreuse and it has the same marble effect that the Maria Angel Kiss has plus that big black eye for a target
Strange colour to not seen that one before its not even in the IMA 2010Catalog ,,,
this is the colour you should have with you in jersey next month the simply stunning Sand Bora Sasuke 140,

,,i can assure you this little corker would raise a few eyebrows over there

gee

Attachments

·
King of the Plaice
1,460 Posts
Strange colour to not seen that one before its not even in the IMA 2010Catalog ,,,
It's a limited edition Gee. I'm a tackle tart, that's why I wanted the true Le Poulett for my collection... but hey ho, it wasn't to be! :cry:

Sasuke in 140 and 120 are fabulous lures for the marks I fish, glad you're going to be stocking them! I'm convinced the next "big things" in the lure world will be the IMA Sasukes/Komomo II/Komomo Slims... Watch this space.... :bounce:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have some Yozuri type plug blanks in clear finish they are 125mm long and are through wired and weigh 15 grams each, if anyone is interested in them they are for sale at .50p each

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
I have some Yozuri type plug blanks in clear finish they are 125mm long and are through wired and weigh 15 grams each, if anyone is interested in them they are for sale at .50p each

p.m, for you

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
heres the komomo sf -125 in clear blue mullet bobby ,,,,dont you just love ,,arnt we all tarts

gee

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts