World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been on any of the boat fishing trips while on holiday in Florida. I would like to try it this year while on holiday and would like to hear any recommendations:secret: .

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Capt. Larry Blue, sails out of Madeira Beach does a good trip, good king fish shark and grouper. If you also fancy a spot of shore fishing North Reddington pier is a good spot. Had a hammerhead on a float fished live prawn on there as well as snook, sheepsheads, catfish, sting ray, blue runner, ladyfish etc etc. Tackle shops on the road adjacent to the pier all sell live bait.

·
Registered
208 Posts
pm ..nomadfl.. he lives and fishes there so will have good local advice for you.
Sorry, I can't help you...I'm about 350 miles NW of Clearwater....and I only beach fish...no boat fishing for me unless you want me share my breakfast with you.....:yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks nomadfl but I might just pass on that one:yucky:

I'll try searching for those ChrisP, thanks.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Try the florida surfcasters website, they'll know 'em all.

philtherod

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are a very lucky man to be heading that way, I have fished not too far from there and if you keep your wits about you there are tons of fish to be had. Bring a spinning rod of 9 or 10 foot and some tobys, j11 or 13 rapalas, size 4 or 6 carp hooks and some floats, shot and one and two ounce leads. All bridges and beaches should produce something, especially at night. Buy shrimp for bait. I have taken jacks up to 30 pound with shrip in the surf. Casting lures may give up bluefish, spanish macs if you are lucky, and barracuda.
Tim

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, was fancying going out on a boat ut when I have seen some of the piers I think they may be a better option as I can just take off if one of those Florida storms moves in on us.:notworthy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Keep an eye on the pelicans if you fish the piers. They will nick your bait and fish as you reel them up the side, so you will be unhooking a rather large bird if you are not careful. Saw someone hook a 8ft Thresher shark when I was there. It went absolutly mental!

Skyway bridge, just south of Tampa is a good spot. Tackle shop and bait on there too.

If you do any beach fishing, be sure to wear something on your feet as there are loads of stingrays in the shallow water and stepping on one is extremely painful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts