World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished cleethorpes beach this morning,just to use bait up really. lovely morning, the sun was actually out and it wasn't blowing a hooligan.
fished from approx 7am to 1230 high water being 1015
fished two hook flappers at distance. lug for bait
caught two schoolie bass and three flounders.
they were not monsters , but a very enjoyable morning was had. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
never fished the beach, what distance do you recon you were fishing at. (am not a brilliant caster so no point going if its long casting req'd) what hook sizes were you using because some one told me the other day that this time of year theres no point using owt bigger than a 4.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never fished the beach, what distance do you recon you were fishing at. (am not a brilliant caster so no point going if its long casting req'd) what hook sizes were you using because some one told me the other day that this time of year theres no point using owt bigger than a 4.
probaly fishing around 100 yards out, but have caught fish at 30 yards out.
right about the hook sizes, but i was using size 2's
if your not to good at casting try wonderland breakwater, and cast to the left then you will be in a bit deeper water.

·
Registered
177 Posts
cheers for the quick reply...i have come to realise that you are very good at what you do and i greatly value your reports and advice. i will be going to a meet soon i hope but i have just came out of work so cannot afford the travel/bait expenses

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have you tried digging your own bait ? might cut down on costs for you. if you live in gy area i dont mind giving you a lift to the next meet. sounds like you enjoy your fishing so dont mind helping you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts