World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After our first ever sea fishing trip to Chapel Six Marshes last week, me and my son headed to Cleethorpes earlier this week for trip number 2. Fished for an hour and half near the wheel. Managed to catch two flat fish which was ok. Son pointed out that all we seem to catch our flatfish (cant disagree) and then pointed out if we want to catch other fish can i get my casting better as the other fish will be further out. Good point i thought son, so off to a field this week to practice. At least we have had two trips and caught both times.
uti

·
Registered
633 Posts
from now onwards you will do better on the humber wall flla grimsby side or stallingboro upto east halton will now start producing the decent whiting and very soon the codling also best baits lugs black lugs and squid and blueys mate

·
Registered
31 Posts
All I've been catching lately is flattys it's the sort of I between time cod,whiting starting to show up, and the summer species have all but swam off, the further south you go the more they hang around, wouldn't worry about casting huge distances off the wall in the Humber as there can be a good depth in certain bays and the tide can be hard to hold bottom a long way out .

·
Registered
374 Posts
You could try Suggits Lane or Fuller Street both are in Cleethorpes. Go up either street go over the railway lines to the sea wall. Whiting have been coming from the North wall so no reason for them not to be there as well as its Quite near.

·
Landypirate
1,591 Posts
Cheers all for the advice and tips. May try one of these suggestions Sunday morning after a total breakfast at Browns Cafe on the front.

Cheers
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.