World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for this...............

But in the other post,(Ferryboat),I have already informed everyone I won't be there saturday.

But the better half,in all her wisdom,instead wants to go to Cleethorpes,and is letting me wet line there instead.

Trouble is.............

I don't know any of the areas folk fish,and whether they are suitable for families,(will have the little 'un,(3),as well as the lad (13),plus the trouble with me while we fish.

So if anyone knows of a good place to fish in the area,where it is safe for kids,I am seriously gratefull.

Si.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not sure if you want to travel just outside cleggy but the bank at immingham is a great spot. I took my 8 year old in early Jan and he caught a 1.75lb codling. I have read recent reports on another forum of plenty of codling still being caught. Its about 10-15 mins outside cleggy. Youve heard of 'Park n Ride' this is 'Park n Fish'

Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You could try the creek at humberston. Nice beach for the kids too.. park on the campsite & go over the dunes & the creek is right in front of you.... flounders at 10 yards , don,t bother casting into the creek though...... best to have a look at low water.... fish very light.. Chris

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for them fellas.....

Chris,

Which Caravan park are you on about,Thorpe park?.....(Haven one).

I have been looking at the area through windows live,and I can't tell the sand from the mud !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
hi mate, to keep the kids and missus happy you could try at the big wheel on the prom. in fact anywhere between wonderland and the lifeboat station. as chris said fish light with lug or rag on small hooks.
hoping to get some fishing in soon. dont think i'v been since the last meet,due to " unforseen circumstances "
anyway good luck hope you get a few.. trev
p.s. would advise getting there early due to parking problems at peak times

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
i like cleggy prom around the peir

use 10lb line, size 4 hooks and 1-2oz leads
on a light quiver tip rod

schoolie bass, flounder and coalies will keep the rod banging over all night

mack

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Cheers for them fellas.....

Chris,

Which Caravan park are you on about,Thorpe park?.....(Haven one).

I have been looking at the area through windows live,and I can't tell the sand from the mud !!!!!!!!!!! LOL
straight through thorpe park towards the yatch club and over the dunes on the left... Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts