World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get the old style, heavy duty wire, clements booms. They were a good all round rig but no one seems to sell them any more.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Guys,

I'd recommend not using the plastic booms with weights heavier than 8oz. I've lost lumps of lead because the plastic section where the swivel is can kink and twist allowing the weight to slip off the boom, especially in a fast tide.

Paul

·
Registered
55 Posts
These are ideal for fishing in a strong tide run. No problem hanging 2lb plus off these! They won't distort.

image.jpg image.jpg Stainless steel, reinforced Clements boom, with Delrin eyes to prevent line wear when using heavier weights.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Guys,

I'd recommend not using the plastic booms with weights heavier than 8oz. I've lost lumps of lead because the plastic section where the swivel is can kink and twist allowing the weight to slip off the boom, especially in a fast tide.

Paul
if you use a plastic boom with big weights then but the line through ring of the lead as well as the boom so if it does twist or snap you wont loose the lead.
conor

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are ideal for fishing in a strong tide run. No problem hanging 2lb plus off these! They won't distort.

View attachment 195866 View attachment 195866 Stainless steel, reinforced Clements boom, with Delrin eyes to prevent line wear when using heavier weights.
Those are the ones, I've caught numerous species from mackerel to blue shark using them. PM me details

·
Registered
55 Posts
Glad these are the right ones. Even with modern braid, if I fish in a strong tide with big cuttlefish baits, I need 2lb to nail it to the bottom. These work a treat. image.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts