World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Fished a mark near pill in Clevedon today, got there at 9.30am and fished down to bottom which was at around 4pm.

Started off a bit slow but managed to get a small coddling of about 1/2lb on rag and squid at about 11am, It didnt really pick from then until I moved down on to the muddy weed and rocks

Put out a lug and squid bait and had another coddling of about 3/4lb, moved out a bit further and again put a lug and squid bait out but my reel decided to blow up and it only went about 40 yards, decided to leave it and have a quick drink only to notice my rod bouncing around, as soon as I stuck it into it it dived for the ledge that was in front of me, ended up snagging and snapping, I thought it wasa good fish though until I found the culprit at the end of the day, a snotty green eel.. ha ..

Had 2 further fish both on lug and squid, 1 at about 1lb and the biggest of the day at 2.5lb.

not a bat day really, the wether was nice and the fish were biting and I also have a nice red tanned face.

1/2 lb coddling

3/4lb coddling

1lb coddling

2 1/2lb coddling

All fish were returned to swim another day...

Cheers

Neathy

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats true mate.. even though they were small it made a nice change to have some biting..

Im out again tomorrow so I'll probably post again if theres anything worth reporting.

Cheers

Neathy

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Mike,

Got your text mate, I wasn't fishing, I was nursing the BIGGEST hangover! Lol, Let us know how you get on today mate!

Ben

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha nice one Ben, I had a hangover last weekend and it wasnt much fun... lol

I'll report back soon.

Neathy

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright again.. :)

Just got back from the ledges at layde bay, not much to report though.

I seen a small coddlet of about 3 - 4 inches caught to the left of me and my mate had a coddling of about 1lb.

He was getting bites a just lug, I was using lug and squid, rag and squid but I didnt have a nibble.

As the tide dropped it got very snaggy aswell and my mate lost 2 rigs.

Loads of people fishing it but didnt see anything of any size caught.

Neathy

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wasn't fishing, I was nursing the BIGGEST hangover!
Ben
Hey Ginge, not very hardcore matey!!!!!!:nonono:

Joke, mate! and truce? :kissing:

Dont push me................:schmoll:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Homer
Your back from Denny Island then or have you got wireless connection out there? Any sign of KTM? I'm sure I saw his Aldi bag driffting past Blue Anchor on Friday and am a bit concerned he may have been washed away.
Denny is only 99.7% though you must try harder to get that extra 0.3%.
I am still trying to make plans with Nigel for a 100% hardcore effort but we cannot come up with anything and he is off getting bladdered at a British Steel reunion.
Cheers Sarge
PS Computers and Jack Daniels make for some weird posts....................

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sarge, never made it over, went over to Portishead Marina, asked if anyone was sailing past Denny and could drop me off, alas no, they were all going to go to either Watchet or Penarth with absolutely no deviation from the co-ordinates they had spent the last week entering (at home) into there glorified marine TOM TOM's. Blooming pretend sailors the lot of em, not like my matey Kurt from the Navy Seals, he steers with the stars!!!!!

Sarge, JD and computers are a big hit! keep it up fella, Homer...............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts