World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Clevedon Seawall last night,

fished 4 rods between 2 of us, On 1 rod I was using lug tipped with small bits of sandeel and squid on a 2 hook flattie rig with a rolling lead... Nothing ..

Other rod sandeel and squid wraps, whole squid or 2 sandeels but blsnked on that rod too..

My mate was using rag and squid on both his rods, loads of bites but only caught a small green eel.

Still it was a nice night..

Tight lines

Mike

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Mike,

I think our side of the channel is going through a blank patch. Fishing Brean Down this weekend. Should have 6 rods out between 3 of us. Will let u know what happens

Woodster

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks woodster..

One of my mates fished the the same area on the seawall last night ( Monday 25th ) had lots of bites but he didnt hook anything.

I have a feeling that if he dropped his hook size from 6/0 he moght be in with a chance but he wont listen to me..

Anyway I would probably guess that it could be eels or crabs tugging his bait but Im not 100% , I will have to go back down and see if I can catch whatever it is..

Tight lines,

Mike

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Mike,

Your mate's hook size is way to big for BREAN. Normally fish a 2 hooker (have been fishing the same trace design for the last 15 years down at Brean) top hook size 2/0 and bottom hook size 2. Weird it seems but best fish caught 5lb 8 oz conger was caught on bottom hook (with beads on snood, the kids choose the colour of beads).

Woodster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts