World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conditions good enough so a run off to the shoal was on the cards for the party to get away from the small Whiting inside with plenty of marks on the screen i throught that the Whiting were still out here but only a few on the boat i had dropped anchor on a pack of Black Dog Males feeding what a site we had to beef the gear up a bit as they were biting through the hook lengths to 40/50lb with the ban still on they all went back but what a day for the boys the fish were all around the 3lb=5lb size an a estimate of over 100lb of fish were caught,ive seen this before a few years ago but when the ban was not on with the females early in the year before they had pupped it was not uncommon to get 200-300 stone of these fish in one shoot lets hope they come in a bit closer for the beach anglers they are great sport,for a trip call 07771926590.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
didnt know about that ban, not that ive ever caught one nor likely to .

·
Registered
234 Posts
Spur dogs look like smooth hounds but have a sharp spike behind their dorsal fins..they were extremely common ..huge shoals milling around the country.i admit I was part of their demise..We landed tons of them in the 80s and 90s..they are PROPER rock salmon.great news they are turning up again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts