World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chorleyboy had asked if i fancied a trip out at low so after the afternoon thunder and lightening had disappeared we set off in what must have been one of this summer best nights weather wise .The fishing however wasn,t ,a while later danix and his merry band came down to join us .There were a few tope caught by all except me my only near miss of the night was as my line that was about 250yds out slowly moved uptide slightly when i came to wind in it was nicely heavy ,enough to make my arm ache,then at about 100yds did a few nice pulls just as the fish came into the edge of the surf i got the quickest of looks and my 30lb snood parted the last few inches were all roughed up ,i prettysure it was a ray .And that was basically it for the night very slow really but in great company and perfect weather can,t really ask for more

·
Registered
457 Posts
..... I hate to say this BUT... it's kind of encouraging to we blankers that even the most experienced of anglers can blank just like we do!... Hard luck on the ray missed and I'm sorry but it does sound like I missed a good night out:black_eye....Hard luck Dave but glad you enjoyed the night out anyway, and there is always next time!
Tight lines
Billy

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unlucky, but as they say you have to be in it to win it. Any ideas how big it may have been and bait used?
Can,t really guess on the size but it but a decent bend in my CME and i was struggling a bit with a Penn 525 bait wise i only really use crab ,i think the top Pennel hook pulling down is what wrecks the snood

·
Registered
418 Posts
Must have been a fair size if you were fishing at such a range for something to move far enough uptide for it to register on the shore. Till next time....

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
As Midas says it was a really nice night to be out there. A few more fish would have been nice as well but you can't have everything.
For some stupid reason I thought it would be a good idea to move to the Gynn wall for high water. Fished until high without a knock then thought sod it.

Cant complain at these little things though......

·
Registered
821 Posts
I very much enjoyed the session down at low last night and though I only got the 2 tope pups (1 on crab & 1 on squid/black) they were at least a little bit bigger than the last two I got the other day off the Gynn Wall.

Clearly some big fish out there, as Dave proved, but getting them's another matter.

Keeps you motivated though for the next time.

I'm now looking forward to my day trip to the IOM on Wednesday to fish a new venue, different tactics, hopefully new (to me) fish & some good fun.

Phil :fishing1:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Here's "THE FYLDE TOPE MAGNET" with a few more from last night...

There must be loads of these little sharks around now.

Weather wise it promised a lot, but yet again the fish weren't having it.
To be honest it was pants....great night for star gazing though,and witnessed a beautiful red moon rising.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
good night out with great company....lovely balmy night and 'perfect' conditions for the larger fish.

although i'm beginning to wonder what perfect conditions are anymore!
I'ts been a strange summer so far...still it keeps you on your toes!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Should also mention that we got moved on when we tried to park at 5bar last night, so the wardens obviously mean business.

:thumbdownThanks to the scumbag boy racers for that:thumbdown

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice girls indeed, polite, pretty, friendly, but sadly not wanting to examine my tackle, when we told them we would just be quietly fishing!

Phil :love:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts