World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to fish 1 down 2 up at cleveleys.
Pumped some blow while I was there and cast out over the far gulley. Was soon in with a small flounder then absolutely nothing until the tide turned.
As soon as the flood started I was getting knocks and began to pull in whiting!
This continued all the way up the flood...none of them any size though.
By the time the 2nd gulley was full I was casting literally 10yds and still getting whiting.
Sea was really coloured with a decent swell.
Found a couple of peelers in the sand but had no elastic with me so let them free!

cheers
Dave

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Well done Dave ,looked a nice little surf on today i thought those whiting were only there at night ,most fish the other night were caught on sandeel/squid /mackeral cocktails one dab took a full squid on a 2/0 pennel rig ! i take it you weren,t getting stripped on worm ?Now you know how the tide floods you will have an idea of how safe it will be at night .

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
nice one dave , i've been nearly cut off in them gullys mi self a few times , its only a matter of 30 seconds and their full, like midas said its bloody dangerouse at night
cuberd

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
nice one danix:clap3: can be dodgey there at night you have to have your wits about you fishing there at night looks like that coulour in the water as done abit of good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts