World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LW session with Neil, Dave and Olly754. Fished 20.30-0.15. Sea was flat with colour but little tide pull. weed wasnt bad either. 6 rods between us. I had a 30cm schoolie early on and Olly a late decent flounder. Nothing else doing and no bites between the fish. Highlights were Cromer pier going up in flames:clap2: but only fireworks, boo hiss, and being flagged down by 2 young eastern european ladies. Shame there were only looking for Cley and nothing else! Matt

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Hello Matt, it did cross my mind that you might be down there last night with the amount of fishing you seem to be able to get away with.

I fished it last night myself with 3 or 4 mad keen mates last night.
We turned up about 11 pm. I did'nt want to go as I'd been out on a shrimp survey in the wash from 1am that morning and a sodden beach was the last place I wanted to be at 1am the next.
I embraced the perfect blank that followed with amazing good humour.
The other boys managed a half decent flounder and a schoolie but I'd moaned them off the beach by 2.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I'm sure things will get better on the bass front this coming week as the tides get bigger.

Congrats Splatt on the edp mention, :clap3::clap3:I guess the fone is red hot with all the tackle giants offering sponsorship, free gear and such like, the rest of us can only dream. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Matt & crew, unlucky but then you cant get those big Bass all of the time !.
Can you go and do some groundbaiting so the fish are there when i am over there next weekend please ?.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I'm sure things will get better on the bass front this coming week as the tides get bigger.

Congrats Splatt on the edp mention, :clap3::clap3:I guess the fone is red hot with all the tackle giants offering sponsorship, free gear and such like, the rest of us can only dream. :thumbs:
and he's in this months C dangler...........

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
LW session with Neil, Dave and Olly754. Fished 20.30-0.15. Sea was flat with colour but little tide pull. weed wasnt bad either. 6 rods between us. I had a 30cm schoolie early on and Olly a late decent flounder. Nothing else doing and no bites between the fish. Highlights were Cromer pier going up in flames:clap2: but only fireworks, boo hiss, and being flagged down by 2 young eastern european ladies. Shame there were only looking for Cley and nothing else! Matt
lol you could just tell they were looking for the nearest kebab house after a wild night in holt

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The weed does seem to be getting less now, about time it does make it hard work.

Those big ones will be hitting the shingle soon Splatt and I will be there waiting:D
You had some good fish this time last year bud. Fingers crossed for this year eh

·
Registered
245 Posts
How bad were the crabs? last time i fished the hooks were picked clean in 10mins:giveup:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not too bad to be honest. I do use floating beads which helps when the vermin are very active

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
well done guys

i know i should hang my head in shame for takeing up carping again but with wat i have read on here then the carp i have been getting (up to 19lb 8) have been more than obliging lol shame i cant get a bass that big lol

well i will be back on the beaches soon enough guys back to the same mark that matt blanked and my mate had his 12lber last year lol

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well done guys

i know i should hang my head in shame for takeing up carping again but with wat i have read on here then the carp i have been getting (up to 19lb 8) have been more than obliging lol shame i cant get a bass that big lol

well i will be back on the beaches soon enough guys back to the same mark that matt blanked and my mate had his 12lber last year lol
Cheers roger! I am allowed to blank now and again lol. Are you collecting any bait these days? Wouldnt mind some razors for the winter if you would be so kind as to oblige? Matt

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
hi mate yes still doing my bit collecting bait lol

shame no one wants any tho havent had an order for ages in fact the last one was george about 6 weeks ago

how many razors do you want buddy give me a text or a bell and i will sort you out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts