World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
use up the worms from the weekend session,,,chose cley as I havn't fished it for a while and its the closest beach for me,fished first four hours of the flood at the wreck end,4pm to 8pm,high about 9.15pm...
Dabs from the start,,,30 yards plus and the tip was rattling,fished one rod as far as i could to get in the turbulence from the wreck , the other 30 yards out,
Dabs on smelly old frozen blacks,,, had two flounders both on squid heads,then a scorpion fish, the odd whiting but not too many,,then it got dark and whiting every cast ,mostly double shots,all undersize,,,last few worms tried casting as short as possible,an early bass maybe but instead two plump little codlets,smallest I've ever caught and the fattest.tiny bit of weed , strong tide pull at distance, really pulled the tip round...
so if you plan a trip i'd say fish daylight unless you like undersize whiting...
Glad to be back to fish it,kept two of the dabs for brekkie all the rest returned,,the codlets went back fine ,,,only lip hooked,,
Hundreds of geese overhead going up to holkham to roost,,,what a noise,,,and a lot of bird calls even when it was dark,,,and the Low flying Hercules doing navigation training,,super mild evening,,be better when the spikeys are back...

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
We'll done on catching a few nice report . I have not fished cley for a long while it sounds like its time to give it a go. Tight lines Andy t

·
Registered
372 Posts
well done bud....Sounds like a nice little do....Them pinks don't half make a racket when they go over like that, it sure is some sight. If them codling keep that sort of build they will end up fair old lumps:clap3:
Tight lines

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chaps,
a digger has cleared the car park of shingle so its ok for parking,,, the little pond on the way along the top of the beach towards the wreck had been filled in by the shingle and about thirty yards of the marsh is now flat shingle,,, the beach does look ok though,fishes ok and chatting to another chap who's fished it a bit he didnt think its got any snaggier,,a bit of ironwork sticking up from the beach here and there which had been buried for years above the high tide line,,,

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Thanks Chaps,
a digger has cleared the car park of shingle so its ok for parking,,, the little pond on the way along the top of the beach towards the wreck had been filled in by the shingle and about thirty yards of the marsh is now flat shingle,,, the beach does look ok though,fishes ok and chatting to another chap who's fished it a bit he didnt think its got any snaggier,,a bit of ironwork sticking up from the beach here and there which had been buried for years above the high tide line,,,
Thanks for the info. I always treat myself to an all nighter there once the Bass are showing well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts