World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished one of my favorite beaches last night with kelp king, no weed but it was very nippy!:cold: we fished from 7.30pm - 12.30am I was keeping it simple with a 2 hook flapper baited with rag chucked in close & jim was being slightly less pessimistic than me & employing other tactics with 2 rods,

we had a steady but unimpressive stream of fish & we ended with 4 species: whiting, eel, sea scorpion & slugs:yucky:

I nice little session in good company, there were a couple of headlights west of us not sure how they got on, Rob........

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shocking, I get the feeling your neck of the woods is in that, transitional phase, wont be long before the bass/hounds/rays etc,,,,,
yeah I think your right craig, I was going to dig some lug but there were zero casts around felpham, cant wait for things to kick off, I always say this but I've got a good feeling about this year lol.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Cheers for a good eve last night Rob, good to catch up as always mate.

Being ever optimistic I had one big bait at range, i tried sandeel/squid wrap, double sandeel, whole squid and mackerel fillet and not a sniff. close in i tried double squid head usualy a sure bet for a bass but nothing. so ended upleaving 1 big bait out and using a two hook flapper close in with plain rag to catch 1 eel about 3/4 lb and a shed load of colins, a few hectic almost bream like attacks on the rag resulting in just the rag tails being eaten, from experience this is usually down to small eels so glad I didn't hook up :)

As Craig said it's that time of year when winter fish depart and proper fish arrive which kinda makes the sessions more fun as you just never know what you'll hook into.

Jim

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nice report mate, im glad you 2 caught a few fish.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers deano, I got to try out the new afaw 6 & bait last night, well happy with it, casts lovely, proper powerful though I've got to sharpen up my technique :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts