World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late report for a little solo session. Got to the beach about 6pm sat and collected bait: live prawns, lug, 2 large female peelers and some small green crabs. Saw some nice thick lipped mullet (4lb+) as the tide turned, working water that wasn't deep enough to cover their backs as well as a couple of GG's a bit further out.

Retreated to the pub for a quick refreshment and got back to the beach about 9.30pm on the long beach in front of the field. Dead calm and no one about. Messed around with a small spinning rod and 2 hook flapper with lug for a couple of hours, casting about 30-40m and holding the rod. This caught 4 schoolies, 1 flounder, 1 eel(+2 slimed traces on missed bites) and a large pout on the last cast as the lug ran out.

As the tide came up I changed over to the beach caster with a Dvice and a single 3/0 with crab to target hounds. 1st cast at about 90-100m had nearly 20lb..........of weed and 2nd about 10lb, and so it continued, none at short range but beyond 60m there was tonnes of the stuff. 1 eel came in amoungst the weed but that was it nothing else to either crab or prawn. Packed up at 2am.

Remembered how much I like fishing climping (which is good since it will be my local beach soon!!!) but nothing large, maddies might have given me more chance of a mullet though. The pouting made some very decent fishcakes though :victory:

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you moveing then p.p
Yep hopefully in 2 wks if there aren't any more delays, not sure Portslade pollack works as a name when you live in littlehampton though.

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a enjoyable session , care to PM me ur Pouting Fishcake Recipe :)
Like most of my cooking it was a bit made up as you go along so no exact quantities.

Poach descaled pouting (about 12oz without head and guts) in milk and finely chopped smallish onion, for 5-8mins, drain milk though sieve and seperate onions, then flake all the meat off.

Mix 1lb of mash spuds with the onions, fish flakes, 0.5 a beaten egg, 1 finely chopped chilli and a bunch of chopped parsley. Form into cakes and fry until golden.

So nice I beginning to regret years of putting them back or feeding them to cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts