World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. How is the fishing going? A mate and i are thinking of fishing climpong beach on monday evening. Would it be worth it and where would be best as my knowledge of the area is limited at best. Any replies/info would be great

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi guys. How is the fishing going? A mate and i are thinking of fishing climpong beach on monday evening. Would it be worth it and where would be best as my knowledge of the area is limited at best. Any replies/info would be great

Climping has been fishing well. A few 38cm bass that I've heard about recently. for fresh bait go to Hook A Fish. Phone number for hook a fish 07412407447
47 pier road
Littlehampton

Sammy

·
Registered
777 Posts
IMO small tides at Climping usual mean poor fishing, coupled with the fresh water coming out of the Arun I doubt it will be a busy session. That said fishing hard to the bottom close in you could scratch out a few flatties, but not the kind of fishing I'd drive to the end of the road to experience, So if you do go please prove me wrong!

Jim

·
Registered
386 Posts
The few times iv'e tried climping iv'e chosen the wrong time, either too windy or loads of weed about, heard it can produce some nice plaice this time of year from someone, does it fish well at certain times of year?

·
Registered
777 Posts
The few times iv'e tried climping iv'e chosen the wrong time, either too windy or loads of weed about, heard it can produce some nice plaice this time of year from someone, does it fish well at certain times of year?
Personally never seen a plaice caught there but that don't mean much! On the right day it can fish really well for decent bass, stingers, hounds, mullet and flounder. Weed is the biggest problem, wind not so much an issue as others on here will testify if you're willing to hit it during a storm the bass will be there.

Jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you do decide to fish Littlehampton and you need bait then use our local fishing shop tropicana , they could do with our custom and our loyalty . It's been there for years.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Couldn't agree with slipperlimpet more! Tropicana may have struggled since Malcolm died, but it has been around for 40 years for a good reason and the locals need to keep supporting it, some top tackle in there and usually better priced than the Internet big boys!

G

·
The river looked like lava when i drove over the bridge the other day,so as Jim says scratching on light gear might give you some entertainment but personally i`d try elsewhere......Alan

·
Registered
684 Posts
Couldn't agree with slipperlimpet more! Tropicana may have struggled since Malcolm died, but it has been around for 40 years for a good reason and the locals need to keep supporting it, some top tackle in there and usually better priced than the Internet big boys!
I concur Jim but…………………… bait availability & consistent opening hours force me to source what I need elsewhere:secret:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Wouldn't bother with climping, bloody blanked every time I've been.......:)
Woa , woa, woa, there fella , could it be that , the fish in and around clymping are "special"fish , and of such a calibre that anyone from out of town, or"not a pinger"only gets slugs and tings, so that they keep all the monsters until we leave???

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I have always thought that Climping might have been something else involving intimate behaviour.............p'raps it's just me. Never fished there.
Stevo T

1 - 20 of 24 Posts