World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Climping last night and the weed was terrible. Fine bright green stuff. Bait was covered in it after about 5 minutes of each cast, whatever distance almost (well anywhere between 40 and 120 yds).

Was it becasue of the very small tide this time of year in calm conditions? What kind of conditions would be ok this time of year? I've never really fished this West Sussex area before and don't want to make too many more wasted trips.

Cheers

Judge

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Climping can be a funny place .... on some days I have seen loads of weed covering the whole beach, next day its all gone.

Would avoid fishing the bigger tides if the weeds bad. Normally on the smaller tides its fishable but yesterday may have been an unlucky day ? Were you fishing on rocky ground where the weed was growing ? On the rockier pegs at Goring yesterday there was a bit of green grassy type weed getting on the line and jamming in the top ring of the rod. Also at Climping some areas build up with weed whilst a couple of groynes futher along it can be weed free.

A good easterly wind on a big tide normally clears all the weed away from that beach . Still worth fishing there as have seen some good catches even in weedy conditions.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Like a dunce I stuck to the same spot for the 90 minutes I managed - about 200 yds west of the car park where the water appeared a little more cloudy. There again 2 other anglers reeled in big gobs of the fine green weed as I was walking back so it did seem quite widespread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts