World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a abu 6500 spool (complete) on line. It arrived eventually with the spool, bearing on handle side, brake blocks and carridge and one bearing in the other end. however I see that there should be a clip 10259 retaining the bearing on the sideplate, non handle end... Can anyone confirm (as I have been told by the supplier) that they do not use them any more.

If thats the case does the bearing not float or drop out of the spool, as I want to use it as a spare... Don't fancy chasing parts around in the shingle

please help as it is certainly does not look right to me.

Registered
I have just bought a abu 6500 spool (complete) on line. It arrived eventually with the spool, bearing on handle side, brake blocks and carridge and one bearing in the other end. however I see that there should be a clip 10259 retaining the bearing on the sideplate, non handle end... Can anyone confirm (as I have been told by the supplier) that they do not use them any more.

If thats the case does the bearing not float or drop out of the spool, as I want to use it as a spare... Don't fancy chasing parts around in the shingle

please help as it is certainly does not look right to me.
What was the part number of the spool? If you wanted a spool with the spring on the left hand side (mag elite spool) then the part number for the spool is 970732. The green mag elite is no longer made so you may not be able to get hold of one of these spools unless there's old new stock somewhere. What reel are you using because most other 6500 reels have a white "ratchet" cog on the non handle side. You can get the spring or cog as a spare which you could put on the spool to stop the bearing falling out and if you're looking for one pm me as I have some.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. The blurb says "one soze fits most 6500" will pm when im not on phone later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts