World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly my thanks to big-al and gusmcg for their tips and advice on rigs

I was fishing today in Gourock, just about 50 yards along from the Cloch Lighthouse. Still yet to catch anything but I enjoyed my second outing. Had two good knocks, one when I was spinning/jigging, a rag worm, and a red jellyworm on a green leadhead, and one when I had a wee seat for ten minutes, and had a ragworm on with a 4 ounce weight on the bottom. Unfortunately I missed both of them, but when I reeled in I discovered that most of the ragworm was gone. I was wondering if I had maybe hooked them wrongly. In both cases I threaded the worm onto the hook, leaving aound 1.5 to 2 inches over. Maybe somebody can tell me if I am doing anything wrong.

Also it is best to fish when the tide is coming in or going out?

On a different note and with reference to other threads, I seen four working trawlers sail up river in around 45 minutes. Rubbish aint it!

Any help or comments most welcome

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello

Why not try your bait on a float cos its very rocky down there and floating your bait across the top of the rocks might get you better results. Its a good mark so keep trying.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The waterfront in greenock is fishing o.k just now mate. It sounds as if you are doing everything o.k to me, even small pollock and codling tend to get there mouth around all the worm & hook. I fished behind the "point" formally the "brewers fair" last night I met up with my mate who had been fishing for an hour and caught nothing we moved to the entrance to the harbour and caught lots of pollock and codling on rag and jelly worms.We only fished for about 30mins. The pollock were 3/4 - 1/1/4lb and the codling were smaller but if you want to break your duck its a bit of sport.

cheers, Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.