World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Clovelly with 3 others last night. One eye on the chance of a Ray!

3 and a half down. 1 and a half up. Lots of really fine drizzle and mist which cleared right on low water. It was very still with a small amount of surf.

A steady trickle of Doggies to 3lb and small whiting to 1/2lb. Most of the damage was done on sandeel. Squid, macky, large blacks and whiting all slightly less successful but still catching. The only quiet time was the hour before low.

Nicko christened his new lightwork anyfish rod (can't remember the model) with...
a BASS!!! He was well chuffed!!! He put it back as it was just under and before I could grab a photo of his big smile :yahoo: He didn't want to risk damaging it. He had it from close range and it was shortly follwed by a close range Rockling. 4 species for Nicko :showoff: Not bad for March really.

3 boats came in within 200yds early on and were there when I left. I'd love to know what was caught. Anyone got a report??

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Nice one, Matt. I can't get over the difference between this year and this time last season! Can only be good :)

Did you lose any tackle there? I had a feckin nightmare last time I went (in front of the wall)!

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mate

Oh actually... I lost a fish close in. I snagged up and had to snap off.

I was just below the wall. Nick was off the slip to my right. His brother and Andrew were to my left fishing into the parallel gulley. A half cast would put the lead onto sand. I was using a 3oz ball lead hoping to let it roll round. I suggest that the large waves we've had recently appear to have in-filled the bottom of the boulder ridge with sand and it's way less tackle hungry than normal :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts