World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just joined the forum . I have been out all afternoon at Gutterby trying to catch absolutely anything.In fact I have caught 1 mackerel since april. I have a nice well equipped 15ft boat,gear for beach casting,spinning and boat fishing but due to lack of knowledge and skill I catch nothing but loose loads of gear.I live near Broughton in furness and have tried loads of spots all to no avail.
Help,advice or a patient tutor would be great

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Hi I have just joined the forum . I have been out all afternoon at Gutterby trying to catch absolutely anything.In fact I have caught 1 mackerel since april. I have a nice well equipped 15ft boat,gear for beach casting,spinning and boat fishing but due to lack of knowledge and skill I catch nothing but loose loads of gear.I live near Broughton in furness and have tried loads of spots all to no avail.
Help,advice or a patient tutor would be great

welcome to the NW forum bruce :):)

I'm sure one of your cumbrian brethren who live closer will help you out .....................

despite what you read about them there a great bunch really :roll1::roll1:

tightlines..................daz

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
hia bruce. you live handy to some good marks at broughton, and the shore at gutterby used to be one of them. you feally need to study the beach at gutterby, at low water on a big tide. at the bottom of the track and just to the right, you will find a sandy clean area and directly in front there is an area of roughish ground where you will probably lose quite a bit of tackle. as you go further left towards silecroft the ground gradually becomes cleaner. fishing after dark or just before dawn is often more productive. crab and rag will do the trick, but i always had best results on blow lug. dont know what the boat fishing is like now, but a good few years ago the quantity, quality and the variety of fish were second to none. if you want more detailed advice, the millom lads know there stuff.:secret::thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply,I did loose plenty of tackle and was using freshly dug lugworm.I don't know if I was too far out or too far in.Also wether I was using the right rig,right hook size and enough weight.
I have tried off the blocks at Hodbarrow into the channel at low and high tide.All I achieved was a collection of bait robbing crabs.
I will keep trying as my wife doesn't believe I am actually going fishing.:wallbash:

·
Registered
606 Posts
I fish further north than you hit and miss at all times also have a wee boat and im out any chance I get from Ravenglass easy to launch etc ....pm me well swop numbers and you can follow me out and ill put you on some marks......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts