World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just back from a couple of hours at Clymping, fished the same spot that i caught the stingray a couple of weeks back, this time a different story.

started with a small bass in under 2 mins of first cast followed by a second the next cast then i caught my biggest Eel to date big ugly green bugger close to three feet long ( not a fan of eels!!) next to fall to rag on a 2 hook flapper was a smoothound 8.5lbs double shot with a small bass followed that with one just over 7.5lbs then all hell broke loose fished one rod with frozen peeler on a 2/0 saltwater champion and had a smoothy ever cast smallest was just over 5lbs biggest was 12.5lbs after about 6 hounds my hooks were stuffed so changed to rigs with 3/0 big mouths and had a load more takes but only landed 2 more both around 10lbs. I put the lack of hook ups down to hook size.

ended the night with 10 hounds smallest being around the 6lb mark a PB Eel and 5 school bass not bad for 3 hours fishing.

Oh and no weed problems either! And saw two rainbows next to each other so all in all a fantastic eve on the beach.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi all just back from a couple of hours at Clymping, fished the same spot that i caught the stingray a couple of weeks back, this time a different story.

started with a small bass in under 2 mins of first cast followed by a second the next cast then i caught my biggest Eel to date big ugly green bugger close to three feet long ( not a fan of eels!!) next to fall to rag on a 2 hook flapper was a smoothound 8.5lbs double shot with a small bass followed that with one just over 7.5lbs then all hell broke loose fished one rod with frozen peeler on a 2/0 saltwater champion and had a smoothy ever cast smallest was just over 5lbs biggest was 12.5lbs after about 6 hounds my hooks were stuffed so changed to rigs with 3/0 big mouths and had a load more takes but only landed 2 more both around 10lbs. I put the lack of hook ups down to hook size.

ended the night with 10 hounds smallest being around the 6lb mark a PB Eel and 5 school bass not bad for 3 hours fishing.

Oh and no weed problems either! And saw two rainbows next to each other so all in all a fantastic eve on the beach.

Cracking session! Went down the Arun and had a one mullet wish I'd been down Climping instead now!!! Lol
Well done again mate. Think you found the gold at the end of the rainbow.

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
We'll done on a cracking short session :clap3::clap3::clap3: they're about as we got just one over in EP of 11lb and a missed bite each (hopefully Bazz55 will post as it was his first Hound :1a: I just got 3 Eels)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Nice going :D

Where I was last night there was too much Eel Grass floating on the surface and no fish :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
excellent session and report makes me want to get out there even more but im stuck at work :wallbash::cry::wallbash:

P

·
0 Posts
nice report,good session,and nice to see your not part of the
F.B.I secret squad...lol:shutup:

·
Registered
225 Posts

Thanks for the report, made my mind up for me and i fished today from low to high and left just before 11.30pm.
Only had 1 smut just after 8pm
Weed was a nightmare after 10pm

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts