World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this rod for about a year now and need to replace it for some thing softer but with the same action, as after a session fishing i feel knackered after using it as i have to put so much into it to get the best from the rod especially after not using it for a couple of months. I mainly fish over clean ground but need something that will put up with a good tide run and broken ground occasionaly. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
you obviously like there through actioned rods so any of the "c" range of rods will be fine or the kompressor sport.

i have never used there c range so couldnt comment on which one might actually suit your needs as there are quite a few variations.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
if its a softer tip you are looking for
get a tip for a CME this is the same butt with a softer tip so all you would need is a CME tip..

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
IIRC the CME has the same tip as the Crest but a softer butt section. I can cast and fish with my CME all day no probs, it is a lovely rod for OTG casting and I've recently been experimenting with the low swing pendulum style that Mark(south) taught me with good results.

If you like your Crest and want something similar then maybe a CME is the answer?

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
:oops: got it the wrong way round. Knew one bit of the rod was the same though, and the advice still stands

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,908 Posts
I have had this rod for about a year now and need to replace it for some thing softer but with the same action, as after a session fishing i feel knackered after using it as i have to put so much into it to get the best from the rod especially after not using it for a couple of months. I mainly fish over clean ground but need something that will put up with a good tide run and broken ground occasionaly. Any suggestions?
HI FARMBOY
i will swap a zziplex 2500 and a cono-flex super flick tip for ur crest
the zzippy has been well used the flick-tip is in very good condition
both rods are rung for multiplier and 8ft tips 4ft butts the zzippy has a spare butt these rods are softer than ur crest
gary

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replys, i will try and find some one with cme or kompresser, to have a go on one as i am fed up with spending money on rods only to find they are not suited to me. Will try and get down to kent casting club to have a look and see if anyone will help me out. Thanks for the offers for swapping them but i have a friend who wants to buy it.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
If you want something softer in use that wont knacker you out the CCC Ld could do the job. Its like holding a bass rod with attitude. Very light but with more power than any clean beach will need.
The new K Sport is also a great rod which will handle the job in mind with power to spare.
the Crest is a great rod but is in no way ideal for clean beach

Jim

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
iv got a tt match and thats a good rod and super thin.

·
Registered
642 Posts
get the new ttld they are spot on,look the mutts and you can use it all day and still have the energy to fish on if the going is good , and for the price (£ 219) your laughing, it'll suit your type of fishing no probs

·
Registered
872 Posts
tt ld want be quit up to what you want...

c.m express, or original carbon metal, better bite indication than new k sport, and slightly lighter to hold than express!!! same action and feel though!!

crest is far to much for clean work, even some mixed ground..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the info, will have to look out for them on the beach and see the action of them, as there are no tackle shops that stock a decent range of century rods near where i live in essex. Thanks again Lee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts