World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used both as i have the navionics and the wrecks on it are great

i seen this year a plotter with a cmap on it and the detail was very good but it has lots less wrecks on it and i have just seen another cmap today and that is the same

does anyone know why mmmmmmm

i am looking at a new plotter but if the chart has less wrecks on it then i will have to find one that takes the navionics

ETEC

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Has anyone used both as i have the navionics and the wrecks on it are great

i seen this year a plotter with a cmap on it and the detail was very good but it has lots less wrecks on it and i have just seen another cmap today and that is the same

does anyone know why mmmmmmm

i am looking at a new plotter but if the chart has less wrecks on it then i will have to find one that takes the navionics

ETEC
both derived from the same source so should be much of a muchness. depending on the plotter model, you can reduce the detail shown with CMAP so it may be there but just turned off

·
Registered
329 Posts
Personally i have found CMap not to have the same level of details as the charts reproduced by Navionics
i have nt max cmap in my navman and navionics in my raymarine id say the navionics has more chart detail especially around rock marks such as the manacles etc not sure on wrecks but you can turn clutter off on both types. i prefer the look of cmap to be honest.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deanohoskino

will you do me a favour and look around portland I WILL PM YOU A NUMBER AND ITS ON ONE BUT NOT THE OTHER and you will see what i mean the naionics has lots of wrecks that are not on the cmap and this is worrying when i am looking at a new plotter that takes cmap

ETEC

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Sean

It's not the number of wrecks, but which ones fish well that is important!

I think my list of wrecks for the Dorset area may have been leaked out to you by a mole a year or two back(?). You really won't want much more than that if fishing down here.

Both cartography is very good, but my own preference errs just towards the Navionics. There isn't anything in it apart from I like the colours on the Navionics a little more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts