World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…… Black Friday, there was no shopping or looking for bargains for me as another session had been pencilled in with the lads.
Again, it was Coalfish from the very first chuck.
Fish Rectangle Asphalt Font Road surface

Winkled a Bass out in between which was nice.
Fish Fin Marine biology Asphalt Road surface

Ended up with half a dozen decent Coalfish keeping 2 for the table. All fish coming to fresh black lug.
Fin Fish Marine biology Liquid Electric blue

Wind and weed increased during the last hour bringing a premature end to the session really but by then we’d all sneaked a few out and were happy with our efforts.

PS…… I forgot my bait on the sink before leaving, never done it before but thankfully after the drive to the mark from mine I was fishing with mates who didn’t mind lending us a wrap of black 🤦‍♂️ Of all those times I get to spots and say “ I’m sure I’m forgetting something “ last night I actually did 🥴🤷‍♂️

Note to self…… make sure you have something to put on your hooks next time you decide to go! 😁

· Registered
8,475 Posts
Nice fishing mate 👏.

A great result considering you only had one type of bait 👍.

Reactions: Kevin3110

· Registered
4,481 Posts
Lovely Kev, they looks like some decent sized coalies.

Reactions: Kevin3110

· Registered
12,414 Posts
Its strange that you always seem to get your coalies this time of year and over sand.
Up here on the north east coast we get small coalies all year round with loads of little ones in the warmer, clear water months.
But they seem to prefer structure here. Piers, rocks and rough ground is where we expect to find them. Similar to pollock

· Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its strange that you always seem to get your coalies this time of year and over sand.
Up here on the north east coast we get small coalies all year round with loads of little ones in the warmer, clear water months.
But they seem to prefer structure here. Piers, rocks and rough ground is where we expect to find them. Similar to pollock
October/November seems to be when we start picking them up around here and at certain venues can be as bad as whiting almost hammering the baits. Last time out, after casting the rod on a handful of occasions didn’t even make the rest as the sea bed must have been carpeted in ravenous Coalfish.

· Registered
8,436 Posts
Ive only ever caught coalies when in north wales once.
It was in June while feathering for mackerel at Rhiw. I was using a carp rod and the lures got hit instantly on the drop.
Id hooked into a passing shoal and had 4, 3lb coalies on. Took some getting in on the carp rod.
Yes I've had them at Porth Iago and down at Strumble on feathers in the summer. Always a nice surprise!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts