Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone go coarse fishing?
Dyffryn Springs or Warren Mill?

·
Banned
280 Posts
Ive always fancied giving it a go but aint got a clue where to start, gear/tactics etc. Is that Dyffryn place any good? Not too far to travel from me? (Barry). Will deffo invest in a licence 1st if i do decide to try it as i seen in the local rag (Barry & District) a few people caught there without licences recently and they got fined a few hundred quid.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i fished warren mill yrs ago m8 when it was used by glamorgan anglers. but a bit of advice if u want 2 try course fishing 1st is 2 not get a season ticket, but go 2 course lakes that u can fish daily for a few quid, c if u fancy doin it this way. there r a few about apparently. i only no of cefn mably lakes, that u can buy day ticket. but u can fly fish 4 trout there as well. hope this helps..that is st mellons way cardiff, right opposite the old cefn mably hospital....... ....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers mate!
Yes, dyffryn springs close to St. Nicholas does day passes, i like the sound of it so i shall give it ago, you can get tuition but i dont think i will go for that

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Never fished either of the above fisheries but go to Ian heapses a lot went to day and fished the tench lake it was hard going fishing at 11 metres my back was aching a bit afterwards hooked 4 carp and lost 3 landed 1 about 6lb had a nice tench and a few roach bream etc from the match lake a hard session though!!! Cant wait to get sea fishing again!!!!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
i go to heapses alot in the summer all 3 lakes are great but for this time of year id fish the bottam right hand side lake(which is the deepest) feed little and often and u,ll catch plenty. use light line and small hooks too, more chance of catching

1 - 8 of 8 Posts