World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyy lads hows it goin. 2day i treated myself to the coast hl8 head torch its 344 lumens i got it from torch direct .co.uk. has any1 else have one and wat r they like and has anyone used torch direct to buy anything would be greatful if any1 could giv there comments bout it. I also got a dawia telescopic stand for rock pier and beach use bigt pricey at 90 quid any1 hav any comments bout that thanks n tight lines

Chris

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
i had a coast lamp , actually had three and all went back with faults usually poor wiring , replaced with a led lensor , not a lot of good to you now you have bought one i know and maybe i was unlucky 3 times , good luck .

·
13,170 Posts
Can I ask a question.....which has intrigued me for some time? Why do people ask for opinions on tackle after they've bought it?

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
Can I ask a question.....which has intrigued me for some time? Why do people ask for opinions on tackle after they've bought it?
lol , i dont know myself , i presume for a sense of confirmation that they have "done" the right thing hence i hesitated to run the product down or wee on fireworks but there you are :)

G

·
Have had the Coast HL27 for about a year now, been fine with no problems, not sure about the claims of over 300 lumens ( my 200 lumen princeton Apex is brighter) but bright enough

G

·
May have dodgy wiring and the Lumen count is wrong.. Other than that a good bit of kit.. Me thinking 90 of your squids, 5 cheap Chinese ones.
Hope it's a good bit of kit Vw..

·
13,170 Posts
"Lumens" are the amount of light over a given angle. So comparing claimed lumens from one lamp to another is really meaningless.

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,909 Posts
cracking lite life time garrantee
i was told not to use rechargeable batts as they reduce out put dont ask me why or how
as for torch diret they change my battery charger even low it was out of warrantee no questions asked

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You asked are torch direct any good, yes they are!
their engraving if you want something on your torch, like name is brilliant.

lighty

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has not came yet and it has a 28 day return policy so dose that answer ur question i was jus looking any comments on the light not a reply that means sweet fa to me. So r u still intrigued ?

G

·
Here Gulp.
i would like to take you up on the Lumen count mate.!!!!. I have a couple of the Chinese torches and they ARE! 1800 Lumen (said so on the packet!).. I counted em one night as it was getting dark!! Oh and what is wrong with good old candle power??? I got my old million candle power torch in the cupboard. I was trying to test this out for accuracy but after 30 candles i got bored.
I would like to hereby state, i have noooooooooooooooo idea what a lumen is, though i guess it's some measure of light emitted?
Cheers Dave

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Here Gulp.
i would like to take you up on the Lumen count mate.!!!!. I have a couple of the Chinese torches and they ARE! 1800 Lumen (said so on the packet!).. I counted em one night as it was getting dark!! Oh and what is wrong with good old candle power??? I got my old million candle power torch in the cupboard. I was trying to test this out for accuracy but after 30 candles i got bored.
I would like to hereby state, i have noooooooooooooooo idea what a lumen is, though i guess it's some measure of light emitted?
Cheers Dave
Blimey, how did you get a million candles to fit in the cupboard?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts