World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else found this weekends forecast [bbc] completely wrong? supposed to be slight changing to wavelets, I went to felixstowe yesterday it was far from slight imo.................

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
There like all forecasts you can never rely on it 100%, I've found this one about the best http://magicseaweed.com/UK-Ireland-Surf-Forecast/1/

You could fone Gt Yarmouth CG for a inshore forecast 01493851338 which seems more up to date, you can also tell them your paddle plan and when you expect to return.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Thanks mate, do you usually stick to a paddle plan?

I do yes, well within a little. I've had "over helpful" people on the beach foning the CG before and reporting a kayak in peril, if the CG know you are there with your fone, vhf, flares etc it can save the rescue rib putting to sea unnecesary.

By the way Roller m8 the wind atm is bloody awful you get weeks and weeks when you cant go yakking, its going to be blowing a howler again this weekend. Makes me sick I need to get after those coddies again.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do yes, well within a little. I've had "over helpful" people on the beach foning the CG before and reporting a kayak in peril, if the CG know you are there with your fone, vhf, flares etc it can save the rescue rib putting to sea unnecesary.

By the way Roller m8 the wind atm is bloody awful you get weeks and weeks when you cant go yakking, its going to be blowing a howler again this weekend. Makes me sick I need to get after those coddies again.
Have done the vhf course?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
No because I don't use it, its there for one reason only.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You must have got your hobie then! I find the met office inshore forecast about the most accurate if a little pesimistic at times, but i guess it pays to be safer. The weather forecast for our section this weekend is atrocious TYPICAL! :rtfm::bones:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts