World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've bought a century t800 and as everyone says the century reel seat isn't up to much, I'm looking at either putting breakaway coasters on it or the UK hooks coasters, does anyone have advice on either as I've not used them. Are they any good? Also seen a afaw sliding reel seat are these any good? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
What reel are you using?

I ask because metal coasters crack the paint on 7HT Mags reel seats.

I use breakaway coasters, they don't damage my reels, and they hold them in place despite my best efforts.

Also, I've never had one let me down due to the knob suddenly coming off because of corrosion.

Unless you're doing some serious rough ground fishing, they're perfect

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Hi,

go for a UK hooks sliding reel seat : best reel seat you can get for multiplier! ;)

Gert v

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Any reel seat is better than coasters. Awful things.
Sorry mate but I disagree.

I had a pair of supros a few years ago, and my reels kept turning on the blank.

That was clean ground fishing

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Didn't know century did them separate, Il have a look nice one mate
Think I got mine from Gerry's about 2 years ago or so. If I remember they were a couple of quid more expensive than the breakaway ones but they just looked a bit nicer on my rods that I had just bought back then. I found I could tighten them up a little more than the breakaway ones as well to get a better grip on my reels as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.