World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got down to North Wales to do some fishing but did not go entirely to plan as I planned to fish from Monday 14th to Wednesday 16th May.
Planned to meet Gareth P on the 14th but my girl made a mistake with the day I dropped her back in Stockport:uhuh: and ended up missing out fishing with Gareth P.
Anyway Fished Tuesday 15th at Moel-Y-Don 2.30pm till 5.00pm caught 3 doggies then off to North Shore 6.30pm till 9.30pm and caught two pin whiting. then moved closer to the Little Orme and caught my first pollack.....then snagged up and going dark so packed up and back to the caravan.
Wednesday rained all day so made up some rigs and planned for Thursday.
Thursday 17th went to Moelfre 11am and had two more doggies then decided to go back to North Shore for another session 7pm to 9.45pm caught two small whiting and a decent sized whiting.
Forgot my headtorch otherwise would have fished longer....:g:
Not a great fishing trip but no blanking so OK..............did enjoy it.....:)
Coastman:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Finally got down to North Wales to do some fishing but did not go entirely to plan as I planned to fish from Monday 14th to Wednesday 16th May.
Planned to meet Gareth P on the 14th but my girl made a mistake with the day I dropped her back in Stockport:uhuh: and ended up missing out fishing with Gareth P.
Anyway Fished Tuesday 15th at Moel-Y-Don 2.30pm till 5.00pm caught 3 doggies then off to North Shore 6.30pm till 9.30pm and caught two pin whiting. then moved closer to the Little Orme and caught my first pollack.....then snagged up and going dark so packed up and back to the caravan.
Thursday 17th went to Moelfre 11am and had two more doggies then decided to go back to North Shore for another session 7pm to 9.45pm caught two small whiting and a decent sized whiting.
Never mind coasty,sometimes the best laid plans never work out as you would like,but still you had some time off work and did a spot of fishing and caught a few fish well done mate,Del.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never mind coasty,sometimes the best laid plans never work out as you would like,but still you had some time off work and did a spot of fishing and caught a few fish well done mate,Del.
Cheers Delboy and Well Done Wrecsam.:)

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My target for 2007 as 2006 remains the same.
Pollack-Mullet-Bass-Wrasse.
One down Three to Go.
Going to give the Bass a go now..........then HHBW for the Wrasse.........and when its a bit warmer a night in the harbours for Mullet.
No pressure though as I just enjoy being out at the sea.............so cant lose....:)
Coastman..........cant sleep, fish on my mind..............:)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Mike,

reference PM, no worries mate. Just let me know the next time you are in N Wales over a weekend. Unfortunately I'm back in work next week

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike,

reference PM, no worries mate. Just let me know the next time you are in N Wales over a weekend. Unfortunately I'm back in work next week
Cheers Gareth,
Back to work from Monday for me as well..........:uhuh:
Think Henry Gilbey got it well worked out......Fishing as a paid occupation...:clap2:
By the way, as been said before...........Great Reports !

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
well done coastman glad u got to wet some lines.shaggy

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Shame about the rain otherwise as you said, no blanks! At least you got out! As I was not even out it must be because i'm cursed. Perhaps you should have spent some time in the Straits as the other night my lad 'phoned me from Church Island and I could hear the Terns in the background which suggests that there are sand eels in the swellies!

Another time!

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shame about the rain otherwise as you said, no blanks! At least you got out! As I was not even out it must be because i'm cursed. Perhaps you should have spent some time in the Straits as the other night my lad 'phoned me from Church Island and I could hear the Terns in the background which suggests that there are sand eels in the swellies!

Another time!
Yes Swelleyman, the 'Swellies' was on my mind but thought I would return with you as I feel it would be more fitting to be with you mate, as its your back garden.
Maybe a trip to 'Gorad Island' with a ring of the bell and a whitebait with tea for refreshment before retuning to Ynys Mon for a well deserved rest.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly mate! However I wonder about CHurch Island the way those birds sounded! Didn't get the boat out from the jungle of my garden during last year so will do a recce in the morning!
Hope you get your boat out this summer.........its in that jungle somewhere (check multimap on a ariel view :roll1: ), but check for any leaks beforehand...:boat:
Those diving birds are not wasting their time, clever really as they dont miss a opportunity.
When I fished North Shore one of the whiting was deep hooked and after removing the hook thought, come on fishy swim..........but all of a sudden down came a seagull and of the fish went............but I checked around the skies before releasing..........like I said, they dont miss a trick !:g:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts