World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into tackle shop this morning when a guy was showing off his catch on his shyt iphone 5 only joking tho they are crap .anyways back to the story he had s cracking session lots of cod caught biggest upto 6lb 10oz all on lug and crab down redwick ledges .total 6keepers well done hopefully thats the start of something big ....only downfall is the shocking weather reports.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What website do you use as im going off bbc weather not always accurate

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Tides are too big to fish Redwick off the ledges ??
Unless he fished it up for a few hrs and then retreated across the mud, maybe he fished off the wall.
Trouble with fishing Redwick this weekend, 12.2 m on Sat AM and 11.6 m on Sunday AM ( Newport tides) to big to stay on ledges and not really big enough to fish off wall.
Wait for the smaller tides, of find a mark that can be fished up from low is the better option.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Newport has a match on redwick should be good
As long as you can clear the ledges off the wall you can fish it no probs im going over to see what battery has to offer

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I guess that if people have been out catching cod then they are keeping quiet so that their marks are not full the next tide..... Best to get out a the usual spots and I have a go really :) That is if you are not like me and don't have a pass out! :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cnt blame them for not posting .im more for posting a good catch report and not naming the mark i think thats the norm on ere these days keep everyone guessing on the venue .just come bk from battery very wet all crab gone have to get more for another session tonight and sunday night ....off to sleep

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Tides are too big to fish Redwick off the ledges ??
Unless he fished it up for a few hrs and then retreated across the mud, maybe he fished off the wall.
Trouble with fishing Redwick this weekend, 12.2 m on Sat AM and 11.6 m on Sunday AM ( Newport tides) to big to stay on ledges and not really big enough to fish off wall.
Wait for the smaller tides, of find a mark that can be fished up from low is the better option.
well said beachly seems the better option then for tonight

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck im off back to battery tonight had a few keepers on lug n crab off to get another 2dozen according to veals a 10lber came off burnham today

·
Registered
62 Posts
I fished under the blue light on the right hand side of loop road under the army camp last night last night an blanked me an my mate had four rods out squid lug black lug and crabs.
Even though I blanked great night for fishing wish I was on my boat the water was like a mill pond.
Will try fossal this week and fish it down.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
they are in at chesil 20 mins past the dragons teeth or just passed the birds sanctury , 6-12 pounds blacks taking em but watch out for them monster conger theres been s few well into the thirtys a mate from southamton has telling me and a few other lads from down there so fill ya boots

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.