World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Things Come to Those Who Bait
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another trip on Uncle Buck, for Nige and myself.

Headed for Mid Cardiff and The Hunt for the Cod. Straight away a Classic uptide Bite produced this Cod weighing in at 9.5lbs, was going to sneak a lead in her mouth to make it a Double.

Buck with the Cod caught just after slack water on the ebb.

Few Dogs followed for both, then another tap tap, produced this Thorny

Thorny For Buck

Time to put the Bacon/ Sausage / Egg in pan, but Myself decided to leave the food in fridge at home :(
Due to two big Bellys to fill, had to make do with, fried bread rolls and brown sauce :( :( Yuk.

My Run of Cod Continued, this time a Welcomed Double weighing in at 12lbs

A Happy Buck

Nice to see the whiting showing.
Nige with a Whiting.

Weather not the best Sqwauls and Sloppy seas, did manage another Thorny, this time for Nige

Nige with a Thorny

The Cod are Certaiinly arriving Now had 8lber, 9.5ber, 12lber 13lber Last 4 trips.

Great Day aboard, Dogs showing less, more Cod Arriving, hopefully they keep coming.

Cheers Nige Great Laugh. and lost some calories. ( Stupid me )
Best Bait today. Lugworm tipped with squid, Whole squid landed the 12lber.

Open Comp in two weeks, last year no Doubles were caught, this year, got to be a Big Double Cod to win it.

Ohhhh I Must say, Welcome aboard NFaith ( Nige ) ;) ;) ;) Now Joint owner of Uncle Buck, New Moorings as well.....
looking forward for many many more memorable trips.! and have a crack at winning a few comps,at CBYC top club.

Last Thing
Higgo ------- Dazzer ......... Did you feed the Horse this Weekend.!!!!!! loves it..!
Cheers
Bob.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
couple crackers there bob

can't understand why you never had a cod fillet sandwich though:blink::blink:

john

·
Registered
243 Posts
Buck, u have inspired me mate, i havent been doing much on the boat lately but seeing those cod have got my juices flowing!!
gona be out there first chance i get................watch this space!!
nice fish well done mate

·
TEAM BANTER
92 Posts
nice day out there on our boat best thing i done go half on the boat have good fun and realy look foreward to wed night and the weekends down there at cbyc bob is a great man to shere the boat with happy days

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lovely fish there Buck!! And welcome Nigel to the boating fraternity. I hope you have deep pockets!!!!

Kingfisher out tomorrow on the cod prowl. Supposed to be in NewYork this week on vacation with the family but Hurricane Sandy put a stop to that!!

Lets hope the weather in the Bristol channel is more forgiving.

The Mrs is out tomorrow with me for the first time so lets hope the fish are biting or I will never live it down. (All those stories of the fish we put back!!) Ha Ha!

You watch there will be a photo of the Mrs with a flaming 20lb cod on here tomorrow. And I would of baited up and cast the bait for her!!!!

Watch this space!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
well done glad to see you are catching the same as everyone else,got my new crewman on on sunday ,hope foreshore fisherman catches a few.with him and mike should have a few between us.

·
Sole Man!
1,666 Posts
another inspiring post Bob!
chase 'em inshore for us will you....

·
Things Come to Those Who Bait
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well done glad to see you are catching the same as everyone else,got my new crewman on on sunday ,hope foreshore fisherman catches a few.with him and mike should have a few between us.
Good Luck with your Crewman and trip Sunday, might even see you in the locks, take it your on the Chara.! Good Luck Andy foreshorefisherman as well..! Youll have plenty Bluey onboard, not many better anglers than Andy... Loves it Bob.t

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
well done uncle buck and co,
smashing fish there lads fair play!!!!!!! if i wasnt down the caravan this coming weekend would be hitching a ride with someone lol
keith

1 - 20 of 23 Posts