World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fishing reports around Isle of Wight and surrounding areas? Going to have a go this weekend and wondering About areas fishing well. Will put down my report after the weekend thanks in advance, tight lines everyone!

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
If your into congers, then either east or west of the island, needles or nab tower.
If your after cod, head to Norway cuz there ain’t none round ere mate !!!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
It's been very poor around the Nab Tower/Culver Cliff area with just the odd decent Cod coming out, although the Conger fishing has been pretty good with some fairly hefty fish being caught and it's not much better at the Needles end, although they do seem to be catching more species.

The Cod have been conspicuous by their absence this year and like FishySaint states, if you want Cod head for Norway:frown::frown:

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Agree with @Steveh24 and @FishySaint; no regular cod reports this year, and only one decent cod that I can think of which came somewhere off Bembridge if I remember correctly.

Conger on the other hand has been good - for example, this one came from the Nab area just before New Year.

Fingers conger.jpg

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
Agree with @Steveh24 and @FishySaint; no regular cod reports this year, and only one decent cod that I can think of which came somewhere off Bembridge if I remember correctly.

Conger on the other hand has been good - for example, this one came from the Nab area just before New Year.

View attachment 1146643
That’s a tiddler Andy, where’s the photo of the big ones ??

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
Andy, I can see a picture of the bait you were using, but I can't see the conger you were talking about :D:D:D
I reckon you can catch congers on sandeel but, it’s a bit harder !! Maybe Andy just loves a challenge ?? :rofl:

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
There are a few cod about but not many. We had 5 weighed in for the cod comp, and a 31lb fish and a 16lb fish will be in my Sea Angling News report. Other than that, only a few single figure fish reported. Plenty of whiting and some of a good size so you can have loads of fun on light tackle, inshore is fishing better than offshore. Livebait finds the bigger fish. Reports here: http://www.boat-angling.co.uk/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thansk for the input guys sorry couldn’t reply sooner was at work for the whole day thanks a lot and nice fish Andy! Thankfully a lot of my gear is light so gonna hunt for the whiting thanks for the advice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts