World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Fudd, this is the best time for codding around the Nab If you have your own boat look for the charter boats who will be on the Spoil grounds and grounds all around the tower, best baits will be large Squid or baby cuttle with lug and if you can get them clams or peeler crab whipped to the trace, as the water around here is cloudy at just about all times I reccomend you use glow beads and muppets to give the cod a clue where your bait is, fish it hard on the bottom,a 4.3 tide is about the best as any more you need 2lbs of weight any less there is not enough movement in the water, In the last couple of years we have had some belting whiting of about 4.5-5lbs so if you get fed up with the big bait try a paternoster rig the bottom boom about 9" off the bottom the other 12" above that, short 10" traces with small muppets or glow beads with 1/0-2/0 hooks bait with mackerel strip or squid strip or even whiting strip they are canabalistic. good luck .

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
i am fishing out of langstone harbour on trio on 23/10/04,weather permitting.
we will be fishing the nab grounds so will post results if we get out.
my usual approach is to fish one rod uptide with whole squid and black lug coctail.
on my downtide rod i use a large muppet above a pennel rig 6/0 to 8/0 hooks.either a nice bit of cuttle or 3 whole squid as bait.i use bait elastic to stop hooks getting shrouded by the bait.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi dicky
I hope to be out as well wil be on Wight Huntress red offshore 105 might see you around if the weather sorts it's self out, don't forget the whiting there are good reports for them already. tight lines

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers for the tips guys shall post all reports but not going out till 28th dec with glen (valkyrie) top skipper! bloody good bloke too,think hes still got a couple of spaces left if any of you guys are up for it,try out the xmas pressies and all that,might see you there thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts