World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been reading the port talbot evening post, theres some lucky guy on the fishing page holding up a 28lb cod taken in swansea bay. so maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us. can't wait to get out there and try myself. doggy

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
He's had that cod in his freezer since 1988! & he brings it out once a year to photograph it, & claim the "fish of the month" prize from Mainwarings, its all propoganda!
No cod in Swansea Bay (quiet man or we will have all them "oicks" from Cardiff, Caerphilly, Pontypool etc down here fishing for them)!
blueskip

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has there been many Cod been caught in Swansea yet
i have been out on the boat for a few times this season from swansea and had no luck yet
last year i caught several double figure cod from swansea with the largest of 40LBS

When is the Cod Competition is it on January the 9th

Rob

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right blue skip fishing has been very poor so far in swansea this year, but as for that "bumper season" hasn't realy turned up yet. I've heard of the odd cod in the 20's but not in any sort of numbers. As for our cardiff mates well i havent heard of much taken there either, the penath boys are the same so can someone tell me where the idea of this bumper season came from? maybe the bed suckers have had all the cod away already, i know the big ships from holland have turned up in the bay the last few days.
So much for the EU hey lads. As for the comp yeah its the 9th, but be warned it gets very busy so not realy a good time to fish unless you know the area.
Best of luck all

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Shhhhhhhhh you'll have them all down here if you talk like that, you meant 4lbs didn't you not 40! hardly worth a trip from Pontypool or Caerphilly for a 4lb codling, you can get them off the foreshore!
I dont mind being friendly but some people tear the arse right out of it dont they? We will have to push the anglers out of the way, to get a cast in if wer'e not careful! woe, woe, & thrice woe!!!!!!!!!!!
blueskip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts